$28.94–$33.36 an hour – Part-time
$28.94–$33.36 an hour
Full Job Description
Join our team of pharmacy experts and provide safe and effective medication preparation and distribution to all clinical units and outpatient areas here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital, our Pharmacy department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe distribution and service of medications to patients which facilitates successful patient treatment outcomes in compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation standards. The management and distribution of our medications is critical in ensuring we are able to consistently deliver the high-quality, safe care that we are known for. As we continue to grow our pharmacy operations, we are seeking a Registered Pharmacy Technician to join our team.
Are you a qualified Registered Pharmacy Technician, comfortable with technology and a strong team player who can work effectively in conjunction with the Pharmacists and other team members? Can you commit to 2-3 days for 6 weeks of day time training? If you answered yes to the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Pharmacy Services.
Hourly Salary: $28.94 -$33.36
Availability: Must be available for all rotating shifts. Part time and Temporary Part time staff are required to provide availability and be available for 3-4 shifts per week including weekends per operational needs.
May require travel to all sites.
- Accountable and responsible for all technical aspects of drug distribution, including filling and checking of unit dose medication bins and interim doses, preparation of sterile products, TPN, chemotherapy and stock supplied to the patient care areas including narcotics .
- Purchasing and receiving drugs, checking expiration dates, pre-packaging, delivering medication to the patient care areas and documentation and maintenance of related records.
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of a recognized Community College Pharmacy Technician course or equivalent required.
- Registration with the College of Pharmacists required (RPh.T designation).
- 1-2 years Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience is an asset.
- Unit dose and/or IV additives experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to optimize workflow in the pharmacy department.
- Good mathematical ability.
- Ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective customer-focused service to patients, other health care providers and volunteers
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Ability to differentiate between brand and generic drug names and understand their clinical uses.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care…healthier community.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis