- Safety – Ensure that ramp personnel adhere to established company policies and safety regulations and cooperate with the Safety, Security and Education team.
- Communication – Ensure that employees are briefed on daily operations prior to start of shift; provide AS scorecard feedback to all employees.
- Time & Attendance – Ensure that all leads and ramp agents clock in and out for assigned shift and lunch.
- Allocation of breaks – Monitor allocation of meal breaks to zone team by using a signup sheet or T&A system for backup documentation sheets.
- Staffing – Ensure that employees are properly staff on shift and that crews are at gate 10 minutes prior to flight arrival, FOD has been completed, GSE equipment is ready, and cargo and outbound bags are staged at the gate.
- Liaison with AS – Liaison with AS scorecard auditor.
- Communication with Dispatch and Shift Manager – Ensure that assigned working radio is on at all times for purposes of effective communicating.
- Teamwork – Must be able to support other zones as needed; backup support must be approved by Shift Manager/Assistant Shift Supervisor.
- Zone report – prepare zone report for Shift Manager/Shift Supervisor. Reports should include data on performance, safety, GSE equipment maintenance, and staffing issues.
- Operate motorized equipment including but not limited to belt loaders, baggage tractors, GPU, vans, dollies, air stairs.
- Ensure tasks are performed in accordance with Company and Airline specific procedures and policies.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as per job role.
- Project a professional image/conduct at all times.
- Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
- All other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Well organised with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, able to work on their own initiative to specific deadlines, have the ability to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently
- Demonstrate ability to lead, coach and develop staff
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and meet and maintain the security level required for this position.
- Must have a valid G or G2 Driver’s license, provide current valid driver’s abstract and hold and maintain a DA.
- Ability to work within a pressured environment
- Must be able to work extended hours and flexible shifts when required which may include weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds when required
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing demands/circumstances
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of ground handling operations, aviation security, safety practices, legislation and customer supplier relationships
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel