Explore a future with us at Securiguard, Vancouver Airport’s longest serving security contractor. We have been a trusted security provider since 1997, growing with the Vancouver Airport over the last two decades and expanding our 24-hour services to better suit the needs of this unique site.
Here at our Airport Branch, no day is ever the same, and our collaborative teams work together and support each other to make our airport’s global clientele feel safe, each and every day.
Currently we are accepting applications for the position of Access Control Office (ACO) administrator at the Vancouver International Airport.
Your typical shift will involve:
- Process the Transport Canada clearance applications for existing and new applicants.
- Coordinate with different departments in the airport (Parking, Key Locksmith, Maintenance, Engineering)
- Answer all telephone inquiries, responding to email and voicemail
- Maintain a database of active employees
- Perform all vehicle licensing, including submitting and issuing decals and verifying insurance documents
- Issuing visitors, special event passes, and temporary passes
- Process and coordinate the appeal process for denied applications
- Perform all filing/file audits
- Issuing clearances and employee parking decals
- Update national database for Lost/Stolen
- Various other duties as required
- Valid Security License with the Province of British Columbia
- Organizational skills to assist multiple visitors at one time with various tasks
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and basic typing abilities
- Having a pleasant demeanor and the ability to work with various types of personalities
- Attention to detail to submit work or send communications without error
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust priorities for whatever task is most important at any given time
- Ability to handle sensitive information
Clearance Requirements (RAIC) & Training
For many of Securiguard’s positions based at our Vancouver Airport Branch, candidates must have the ability to obtain Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC). This clearance involves a rigorous background check, based on 5 years of history in Canada.
Successful candidates will then be trained in Aviation Security and upon passing the examination will receive an AVSEC certification.
Employee Perks We Offer:
- World Class Airport environment
- Award winning corporate culture
- Shift flexibility
- Aviation Security Course
- Valuable experience towards future law enforcement roles
- Online Training and development programs
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Employee assistance program through TELUS MyHealth
- Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
- Access to a robust corporate discount program.
Apply online today!