William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario.
With our new 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care.
At Osler, we are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
HOURS: Currently Days 8 hours including weekends and statutory holidays
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Provide support to the physicians in the Hospitalist and General Internal Medicine (GIM) divisions (approximately 35 physicians). Responsible to create, distribute and maintain department schedules, daily patient and physician assignments, respond to all scheduling requests, collect statistical information on patient activity and physician handling, compile reports. Provide administrative support to Hospitalist and GIM physicians to ensure smooth operation of the department /services, including correspondence and database management, meeting and teleconference coordination, minute taking, calendar management, office supplies management. May be required to travel between and work at all hospital campuses.
- College Diploma in Office Administration or related field
- 3-5 years recent related experience in a health care environment with a proven track record in supporting a team with multiple priorities
- Medical terminology required
- Experience with OHIP billing, and invoicing for non-OHIP patients an asset but not required
- Experience with hospital physician scheduling an asset
- Demonstrated experience setting up multi-media meetings with appropriate AV equipment and coordinating meeting participants required
- Proficient in Meditech, MSM medSchedule and Network MedTel
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Typing skills of 60 wpm
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility to meet the needs of a fast-paced department
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Excellent attendance & punctuality history
- Commitment to quality and customer service
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing and comprehension)
Minimum: $25.89 per hour
Maximum: $28.87 per hour
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.