LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada Square One
Position TypeFull time
Share this Opportunity
Maintain a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Support the Team Leader, Associate Team Leader, Supervisor and Regional Team by maintaining regional standards.
- Assume primary responsibility of processing all product deliveries.
- Process deliveries in a timely manner with full attention to detail and abiding by receiving procedures.
- Ensure receiving supplies are filled and maintained.
- Maintain backstock area and cooler.
- Keep receiving area secure while on duty.
- Break down and organize designated loads.
- Ensure all refrigerated items are stocked or properly stored.
- Distribute received merchandise or notify team of arrival.
- Establish and maintain merchandise return/transfer area.
- Maintain receiving area in a neat, clean, organized and safe manner.
- Process incoming special orders, price and call guest to notify.
- Use all communication tools including department logbook.
- Document product transfers and waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
- Report all life safety and fire hazards, along with any other violations of company policy, to Team Leader for correction and report all accidents and injuries to Team Leader or Store Leadership immediately.
- Effectively communicate with Team Members regarding receiving and department operations.
- Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages with proper etiquette when time permits.
- Develop working knowledge of all department vendors.
- Verification of each delivery and variances noted on invoice and to Team Leader.
- Follow through with correcting discrepancies using proper procedure.
- Assist in stocking product.
- File all completed paperwork in designated area.
- Properly and accurately record time using time clock at the beginning and end of each shift and for unpaid meal breaks during shift.
- Responsible for proper dress code, including non-slip shoes and cut-resistant gloves, when necessary, during each work shift.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques
- Bend and lift loads not to exceed 50 pounds
- Push and pull carts, weighing up to 100 pounds, unassisted
- Ability to perform job by repetitive use of right and left hands for simple grasping, power grasping, pushing and pulling and fine manipulation
- Must be able to consistently bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat during the course of a work shift
- Must be able to lift and carry loads up to 10 pounds regularly and 11-25 pounds intermittently during the course of the work shift
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision. Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the facility, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
Desired Work Experiences
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have working knowledge of IRMA
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact the local Human Resources office at the worksite where you are applying for a position.