Requisition ID 93299 – Posted 06/27/2022 – Airports – Toronto, ON (YYZ) – WestJet
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
City: Toronto, ON (YYZ)
Posting Open Date: 06/27/2022
Posting Close Date: 07/10/2022 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
We are currently recruiting both Full-Time and Part-Time positions (PT hours will vary between 20- 38 hours per week).
The Ramp Service Agent is responsible for the safe and timely movement of local and connecting guest baggage, as well as functions associated with the overall safe and efficient operations of the ramp.
- Delivery of connecting and local baggage within standards and in support of successful achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Load, offload, and transport baggage.
- Operate and position all airside equipment.
- Perform basic baggage equipment maintenance checks.
- Prepare, load and unload baggage from aircraft.
- Communicate pit loading counts and procedures with our Operations Control Center (OCC/Load Control) and flight crews.
- The monitoring and support of parked and RON aircraft.
- Report Safety Hazards and incidents to the Ramp Service Agent / Leadership Team
- Other functions associated with the safe and efficient operations of the ramp.
- Able to work shift work – early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Able to work up to 12-hour shifts.
- Adhere to WestJet safety policies while performing assigned duties.
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs. repetitively.
- Able to work within strict timelines for SPOT (safely performing on time).
- Able to bend, kneel, crawl, stoop, and climb repetitively and work in confined space
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Demonstrated passion for providing outstanding guest care.
- As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy, all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment drug screening test.
- Must hold a valid Provincial Driver’s License (PDL), and can produce a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain an Airside Vehicle Operator’s permit (AVOP/DA) within two months of hire.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet’s operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet’s Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company, the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.