Requisition ID 94329 – Posted 07/21/2022 – Airports – Toronto, ON (YYZ) – WestJet
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
City: Toronto, ON (YYZ)
Posting Open Date: 07/21/2022
Posting Close Date: 08/01/2022 (Please note the posting will close at 9:59pm MST)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
Overview of role:
The Airport Learning Coordinator is responsible for ensuring our people are supported in safely meeting our operational goals and delivering a remarkable Employee Experience. They are a mentor and a role model that always lives and supports the WestJet culture and values.
Key deliverables include:
- Facilitate/train base level Emergency Response plans.
- Facilitate AVOP training
- Execute all local training initiatives, including Initial training and onboarding platforms, base specific/local training, return to work training and corporate training programs.
- Facilitate all initial and local training platforms for all ground handling roles ensuring they are executed in a timely manner and to standard.
- Liaise with Ramp Service Manager along with Ground Operations teams regarding agent training and performance progress.
- Maintain and update accurate training records.
- Assist in developing base-wide training programs for both above and below the wing operations.
- Participate or review technical webinars.
- Support career development plans through re-training opportunities.
- Participation in projects related to operational improvements as requested.
- Following and promoting WestJet Safety & Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide feedback to the Senior Manager of Station Support regarding training progress and opportunities
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year airport operations experience.
- Must currently have AVOP training qualifications or be able to obtain AVOP Training qualifications.
- Must currently hold an active AVOP for 5 or more years in good standing without any infractions
- Must currently hold an active AVOP
- Training experience will be considered a strong asset
- Ground Operation experience is preferred.
- Previous leadership or instructional experience considered an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral; including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of guest and employee service.
- Proven history of supporting new projects and initiatives.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office applications PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven track record in safety awareness, most notably below the wing.
- Proven track record of following and promoting the Guest Service Standards.
- Ability to work a flexible and robust schedule as operationally required.
- Knowledge of airline reservation systems considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ground service equipment and all processes considered asset
- Must have clean driver’s abstract to be able to obtain YYC DA if required.
- Exceptional personal OTP and performance – Positive role model, outwardly demonstrates WestJet values.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet’s operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet’s Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.