Requisition ID 87241 – Posted 08/30/2022 – Contact Centre – Calgary, AB (YYC) – West Jet
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
City: Calgary, AB (YYC)
Posting Open Date: 03/24/2022
Posting Close Date: 08/31/2022 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
This position is eligible for remote work, within 1 hour of Calgary, under our mobile workforce program.
You have been told that you are great with people, you love helping others and, do so genuinely. Your ideal environment is interacting with others from the comfort of your own home (maybe in your pajamas, we won’t tell!). You are a natural communicator that will work to solve the issues of others and, can multitask using complex computer systems and don’t shy away from learning new technology.
WestJet’s Call Centre Representatives are responsible for creating a remarkable experience for our guests through one-on-one telephone contact to arrange air travel on WestJet flights, and provide information for guests with varying needs. You are often the first point of contact for our guests and play an essential and crucial role as been a WestJet brand ambassador. We want to make sure our guests enjoy their call with you, therefore, you are there to educate and help our Guests, while creating the experience our Guests have come to know and love about WestJet.
- Book air travel for internal and external guests, answer questions and provide general information about travel with WestJet;
- Provide pre and post booking support, such as changing and cancelling reservations, using the our reservation system;
- Effectively research and make decisions based on the information you have available to you, while balancing the needs of the guest with the needs of the business;
- Adhoc projects as assigned.
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
- A combination of two years’ experience in a customer service and/or sales related environment;
- Reside within 1 hour of WestJet’s Head Office (22 Aerial Place NE);
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English fluently;
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute;
- You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs;
- You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, solutions focused, and passionate about supporting our guests;
- A proven track record for punctuality and reliability.
Other important information:
- This role is shift work and 100% home based, our contact centre operations are 24/7/365 days a year and require you to be available to work early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays;
- All contact centre positions require 4-6 weeks training virtually or at WestJet’s Head Office;
- All computer hardware required for the role will be provided;
- Our positions are in-home roles and we require our agents to have the following environment for their home office to be successful:
- High speed internet (hardwired 25 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload) provided by either Shaw or Telus
- Safe, secure and distraction free room with an ergonomic set-up enabling you to sit for long periods of time;
Your development is important, WestJetters are encouraged to have regular conversations with their leaders regarding their career. In addition, resources can be found on the People Portal to support your career aspirations.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet’s operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet’s Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.