$18.20–$20.20 an hour – Full-time
Warehouse Team Member – Ref #IO0627222
Hourly pay rate: $18.20 – $20.20 (depending on the schedule and days of work)
Amazon is hiring entry-level (full-time and part-time) roles. No previous work experience or resume is required. Caters to 19 sites located in Brampton, Bolton, Etobicoke Mississauga, Milton, Oakville, and Vaughan for Fulfillment centers, Sortation centers, and Delivery. Join Amazon and become part of the dedicated team that gets orders ready for customers. Stay active during your workday in this fast-paced warehouse environment. You’ll be on the move for your whole shift.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, HR, and other areas. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Earn more: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paycheck when you work for Amazon.
- Benefits: From health care to employee discounts, Amazon has you covered on perks.
- Reliable hours: We will give you a stable schedule you can count on.
Duties and responsibilities:
You’ll be part of the team that prepares Amazon customer orders. Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and put away inventory
- Get customer orders ready and pack them up
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Work around moving machines like order pickers, forklifts, mobile carts, and possibly robots!
- Exchange safety tips daily with co-workers
- Use scanners to scan bar codes on products
- View prompts on screens and follows directions for some tasks
Amazon warehouses offer a variety of shift and schedule options, including full-time (40 hours), reduced time (30-36 hours), and part-time (20 hours). Schedule and shift availability vary by site.
Here’s more about what it’s like inside the warehouse:
- Your safety is important to us. You’ll wear a safety vest, do daily stretching, and share safety tips with co-workers.
- You will work around and use moving machines, such as stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, order pickers, and mobile carts.
- You’ll be on the move for your whole shift. Your shifts will include activities that may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around or climbing stairs. You will need to wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures in some parts of our warehouses may vary between 15°C / 60°F and 32°C / 90°F. Temperatures can go over 32°C / 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers on hot days.
- It can get noisy. We will give you hearing protection if you need it.
- The dress code is relaxed with a few rules to follow for safety.
You will also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 22 kilograms / 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during long shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move stuff around
- If you want to and there is a need for it, you can get trained to use powered industrial trucks
- Go up and down stairs (for sites with stairs)
- Work at a height of up to 12 meters / 40 feet on a mezzanine (for some sites)
- High school or equivalent diploma
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage persons with disabilities to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.20-$20.20 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)