Are you ready to join Canada’s most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
Summary:As a member of the store’s Management Team, the Warehouse Manager contributes to the success of the store by communicating the business objectives of the Associate Dealer to his/her team. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing and leading the warehouse team in providing high quality workmanship and service through the smooth flow of merchandise from the back door to the customer.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintains quality warehouse, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the warehouse (e.g., clean and neat appearance).
- Manages the timely pick up of all recycled products and waste.
- Is responsible for general maintenance of the building, as required.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the warehouse team through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Manages the safe and efficient delivery, storage and placement of merchandise from the truck into the warehouse and/or onto the retail floor.
- Ensures the warehouse is appropriately staffed through effective planning and scheduling and according to store budget.
- Plans and manages daily/weekly activities as well as seasonal changeovers and works with the team to execute them.
- Supervises and assists team members in daily operations in order to meet established productivity goals.
- Operates and maintains a computerized inventory scanning and Fast Find system.
- Checks and keeps accurate records of damages, shortages, overages, claims and returns on all incoming merchandise and outgoing returns.
- Assists in selecting and orientating new employees, store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Organizes and conducts regular warehouse team meetings and actively participates in store management meetings.
- Proven experience in logistics.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and/or managerial experience or relevant experience.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Certified to operate all lift equipment.
- Trained in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods and the handling of firearms.
- Work experience in a warehouse/distribution environment, in a Canadian Tire store, is considered an asset.
- Results-oriented individual who thrives in achieving challenging goals.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Strong ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team’s activities and projects.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Other Department Manager role, Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. Canadian Tire