$20.50–$23.50 an hour – Full-time
$20.50–$23.50 an hour
Richmond Distribution Center – United Natural Foods Inc. Canada, 153-12757 Vulcan Way, Richmond, BC V6V 3C8 CA
Date and time
Pacific Daylight Saving Time
Jul 6, 2022 | 2 p.m.–5 p.m.
Each candidate will have their own time slot.
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Responsible for picking orders in a warehouse distribution environment, loading outbound trucks, and unloading products while ensuring product quality.
- Pick customer orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Operates a Walkie Rider/Electric Pallet Jack safely inside facility to pick customer orders.
- Build stable and well-secured pallets.
- Label pallets and number the pallets correctly to ensure proper put-away or delivery.
- Place each completed pallets into cooler, loading area and/or truck as required. Assists safely with loading trucks.
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping, removing trash as needed, etc.
- Sort, sticker and repack individual pieces appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate PPE.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other job duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Able to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift on average 20-30 lbs consistently and up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Able to read and correctly interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- High regard for safety.
- Able to safely operate a pallet jack/walkie rider.
- Able to follow instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment preferred, but not a requirement.
How to attend
The UNFI Richmond Distribution Center is right behind the Home Depot on Vulcan Way.
- If you are driving, there is free parking available on site at our distribution center.
- If you are taking public transit, we are a 3-minute walk from the Bus Stop (Stop ID# 56954) on the Bus #407 route.
When arriving to our location, please come to the front doors.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, all visitors will be required to complete a brief health assessment to ensure the health & safety of all personnel on-site, including yourself.
After, you will be given additional instructions on next steps in the process.
What to prepare
- Photo ID
- Safety Shoes (preferred, but not a requirement)
- Copy of resume (preferred, but not required)
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About United Natural Foods Inc. Canada
UNFI is North America’s Premier Food Wholesaler. We transform the world of food for our associates, customers, suppliers and the families we serve every day.
With deeper full store selection and compelling brands for every aisle, built on an unmatched heritage in great food and fresh thinking. And smarter food solutions, from fulfillment to insights and beyond, that help entrepreneurs and major brands alike unlock their full potential and transform their businesses – for the better.
Better Food, Better Future!
As an associate at UNFI, you’ll help us embark on our mission to provide healthier and organic food choices to people everywhere. We offer competitive pay, shift premiums, warehouse incentives, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, retirement savings plan, employee discount plan on organic foods, career advancement opportunities, and so much more! Join a growing team today!
Perks and benefits
- Snacks and refreshments
- Company swag
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!