Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Taro Pharmaceuticals is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Warehouse Associate II (Night Shift) to join our team.
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for the movement of both inventory and non-inventory items within the Taro warehouse(s), production and compounding departments, and with external customers while providing a high level of service to internal and external stakeholders.
This position is on the Night Shift (Monday to Friday, 11:30pm to 7:30am inclusive)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Operate Fork Lift and/or Pallet trucks:
- Timely pick, stage, load/unload trucks, check and supply components, bulk inventory, and raw materials as per pick lists for the Packaging, Compounding and other internal departments.
- Verify material description, item number, lot number, container number, license plate and counts for all inbound and outbound materials and to ensure proper documentation in SAP according procedures.
- Material movements via RF Gun and backup systems when required.
- Drive the 5 ton Taro Truck to move material safely between the Taro buildings.
- Perform timely cycle counts as required.
- Complete all cGMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- General housekeeping duties in efforts to maintain a clean and organized working area as per cGMP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Secondary School / High School Diploma.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License in good standing is required.
- Fork lift truck certification is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience with Raymond Reach truck, and Ride on Walkie (Counter balance is an asset).
- 2 to 5 years of experience within a Warehouse environment.
- Prior pharmaceutical/food environment experience is a strong asset.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, manage time, and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Understanding of cGMP concepts and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Good understanding of SAP and RF is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 25kgs objects and handle 220 kg drums using supplied equipment.
- Required to follow and adhere to proper material handling procedures.
- Must be safety consciousness.
- First Aid/CPR training is an asset.
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as required basis.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Warehouse Associate II (Night Shift) in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.