Who we are
We, at Staples Professional, provide our business customers with a deep professional expertise when it comes to Business Essentials, Furniture, Facilities, Technology, Print/Promo, and Pack and Ship, as well as next-day delivery service and customized solutions for ordering, billing and reporting. We are part of the Staples umbrella in Canada, and as such we are a true multi-channel solution provider – online, at our customers place of business and in-store, for all our customers needs.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Professional is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Staples Professional is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect our associates, our customers and the communities we operate in. In an effort to support our customers requirements full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this position. As such, all offers of employment will be conditional upon either (i) proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) proof of need for accommodation under relevant human rights legislation, and Staples Professionals determination that the requested accommodation can be provided without undue hardship. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or proof of need for accommodation during our background screening process
- Full-Time: Sunday to Thursday, 9pm start
- Rate of Pay: $16.45/hr min
- Location: 550 Pendant Drive Mississauga, ON
Performs system and/or manual tasks to support inbound and outbound operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas; breakdown, put away, replenishment, QC, staging, loading, shipping. Monitors and maintains SKUs and locations in WMS to support efficient warehouse processing and maximize warehouse space usage. Performs work under the direction of warehouse lead, supervisor or manager.
Performs the following WMS processes to support inbound and outbound operations.
- Receive vendor purchase orders; regular lines or special orders, or customer returns.
- Generate replenishment tasks.
- Resolve common daily discrepancies or issues.
- Process outbound orders as necessary.
- Prioritize and processes customer orders on night shift, ensuring truck departure timelines are met.
- Perform variety of lookups and research to support each functional area.
Perform the following non-system inbound and outbound tasks.
- Separate and labels product received, stocks product into identified locations verifying SKU and quantity accuracy
- Pick and stock product to complete replenishment tasks
- Pick product for customer orders ensuring quantity and unit-of-measure (UOM) picked is equal to quantity and UOM ordered
- Check SKU and quantities picked for customer orders to ensure accuracy, and re-packages or wraps orders as needed
- Sort and load customer orders by route and stop sequence number identified on shipping label
- Perform basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Daily interaction with co-workers, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information
- Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
Works in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful
- Need to have good math, writing and reading skills
- Proficiency in warehouse operations and WMS
- Product knowledge
- Math skills
- Good judgment
- Problem-solving skills
- Limited data entry skills
- Able to listen to verbal instructions
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendation
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
- Must be a team player
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
- G license referred for loader position
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.