locations 6300 Viscount Road, Unit 1 Mississauga, ON time type Full time posted on Posted Today job requisition id R 2000261229
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location: 6300 Viscount Road, Unit 1, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1H3
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Warehouse Associate for Central Pharmacy Services Vial in Mississauga.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for efficiently picking, checking, packing, receiving, and shipping customer orders while strictly following GMP guidelines and the Standard Operating Procedures.
Nature and Scope
The associate receives picks, checks, stages, and ships drugs, medical supplies, and patient materials following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The warehouse associate is responsible for performing other duties such as general housekeeping, inventory checks, quality assurance checks, etc. The work is performed according to set practices and procedures and is of a routine nature.
What will you do
- Receive any incoming products and compare information on packing slips with purchase orders to verify the accuracy of shipment
- Sort, count, package, label, and unpack inventory that is received
- Inspect shipments for damages, loss, or defects, and notify team lead of findings
- Responsible for accurately receiving, reporting, and distributing purchased items
- Replenish shelves with supplies in the warehouse, production floor, and drug walls.
- Operate pallet jack and stacker in loading and unloading materials
- Stock up all the supplies on the Production Floor
- Flatten Boxes and dispose of them in recycle bin
- Transport Finished totes from production to warehouse
- Move empty totes from warehouse to production floor
- Stock medication walls with orders received by the inventory
- Box, wrap, and pack the merchandise following relevant procedures and standards
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area
- Prepare shipping totes by labeling and counting.
- Package and ship following SOP, packaging guidelines, and accepted methods/practices
- Replenish packaging materials in the warehouse
What you will need
Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data Entry Skills, Dependability
- High School diploma
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- 95% of the work is done while in a standing position. Concurrently, 75% of this time is spent bending, reaching, climbing, pulling, pushing, and lifting objects up to 45lbs.
- The physical environment is a clean warehouse area.
- The job has a routine work pace with an enhanced degree of pressure.
- Ability to work various shifts Sunday-Saturday, depending on business needs
- Ability to work on occasional Stat holidays.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday