Full-time Contract and Permanent Positions Available within our Brampton Distribution Centres
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
As one of Canada’s largest retailers, we operate the largest supply chain network in the country. And it is our distribution centres in Bolton, Brampton, Calgary, Mississauga, and Vaughan that keep us moving from coast-to-coast. Learn more about our Distribution Centres here.
Canadian Tire Corporation cares about you and the community. To ensure everyone’s safety, we have implemented various Covid-19 protocols throughout our Distribution Centres. Further information regarding these protocols can be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Location: Hiring for our Airport Rd, Goreway Dr Locations
Shifts: Various Shift Times Available *Availability to be discussed within the interview/screening stages
Hourly pay rate: $17.35 – $20.60
What you’ll do
Working out of our warehouse in Brampton, you’ll work as a part of a team to help ensure that the high quality products from our vendors get to our stores, and ultimately our customers, in the most efficient and responsible way possible. Our Material Handler employees are hired to support a multi-shift operation. This means being able to work 10 hours per day, 4 days per week, and including weekends.
Additional responsibilities we expect our Warehouse Person employees to embrace in the role include:
- Abiding by health and safety standards to ensure a safe working environment
- Participation in cross training of some distribution functions
- Following assigned work schedule, and identifying/reporting variances to Crew Lead
- Working in and updating warehouse management system
- Engagement in duties/special projects
- Participating in team-based decision making as required
What We Offer
- $1000 Signing Bonus
- $100 Steel toe shoe voucher within training
- Canadian Tire Family of Companies discount
- Contract and Permanent Positions Available
Who you are
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Demonstrated competence in power equipment and/or ability to learn new power equipment
- Proud of and take ownership in their work
- Service and solutions oriented
- Focused on productivity, quality and process improvement
- Passionate about making a difference for our customers and their fellow team members
- Ability to lift 23 kgs (50 lbs)
While some experience is preferred, if you have a willingness to learn and a demonstrated passion for customer service and teamwork, then this is definitely the place to be.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- 18 years of age or older
- Successfully completed high school or equivalent
- Successful completion of inhouse forklift certification within seven days of start date
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Canadian Tire Supply Chain