Globally we deliver over 320,000 authentic, world-class meals every day, these meals are dished up by our portfolio of brands – dnata, Alpha Flight Group, Alpha LSG and En Route. Working to stringent deadlines and exacting standards, we take pride in every smile our dishes evoke – a trait recognized by numerous airlines around the world. Over the years we have been awarded best caterer by a wide number of airlines and are driven by a desire to deliver for our customers, and their customers, every day. We are excited to be opening our 64th dedicated catering unit in Vancouver, Canada. Our Vancouver start-up is a unique opportunity to be part of a new team that will help us write the next chapter of our success story!
Why join dnata?
- Be part of a small start-up team, with great opportunity for growth
- Be part of a global award winning group
- Medical, Dental & Vision Cover
- Additional co-contributions towards your retirement fund
- Paid annual vacation
- Over-time premiums
- Free daily meal
Warehouse Associate will act as the first point of contact for warehouse items and will help staff with information and support in procuring warehouse items. This individual will ensure supplier’s and staff compliance with store policies and regulations along with the followings:
- Responsible for accepting, inspecting, stocking, and transferring deliveries.
- Be able to unload material from incoming shipments/deliveries and organize materials appropriately.
- Inspect all the contents for damages and volume.
- BE able to stay (for long periods of time) in Freezer and chillers as required.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, such as suppliers and shipper.
- Manage and return wrong shipments.
- Handle and document invoices with attention to details.
- Keep records and help with inventory control.
- Other duties include managing conditions of warehouse displays, ensuring the storage spaces are clean, stocking products, and processing orders.
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Adaptable and able to work within tight deadlines, demonstrating flexibility.
- Other reasonable duties as requested by management.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience / knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data is an advantage.
- Previous working experience as receiving clerk is an advantage.
- Certification for operating forklift will be considered as an advantage.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to work on a shift basis in a 24-hour operation.
- Must be able to work in COLD environment, ranging from below 0 degrees (i.e., inside freezers) to 10+ degrees Celsius.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment, and supplies.
- Close attention to detail, the ability to use inventory software, and strong organizational skills.
- Hand on experience with entry data software
- Math and recording abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills