System ID 2022-28384Job Type Contract Location Trillium Health Partners Number of Positions 10
Posting ID: 2022-28384
Status: Temporary Casual (October 2022 – March 2023)
Dept/Program: People Health, People Support
Site: Trillium Health Partners (with availability to work at all sites as required)
Hours of Work/Shift(s): 12 Hours Day Shifts; with availability to work Weekends
Posted: August 4, 2022
Internal Deadline: August 11, 2022
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital, the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Care Center at Humber, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
Vaccinators on the People Health team will perform a number of duties including obtaining consent for administration of the COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine, administration of the COVID-19 vaccine and influenza vaccine via intramuscular injection and assisting with monitoring and management of patients post vaccination. You may be tasked with additional duties including reconstitution of vaccines and distribution of vaccines within the clinic environment.
- Familiarity with relevant guidelines/directives issued by Public Health Units, Ontario Health, and THP concerning COVID-19 vaccines and influenza vaccine;
- Documenting information regarding vaccine administration into an electronic system (training will be provided);
- Administration of the vaccine using aseptic technique and IM injection;
- Monitoring patients while they wait 15 minutes after receiving their vaccine;
- Lead the initiation of any adverse drug reaction response working together with other clinical staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse;
- Upper year RN or RPN students;
- Demonstrated good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem recognition and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously without direct supervision;
- Demonstrated good attendance record;
- Computer skills an asset.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications. Where these factors are relatively equal seniority shall govern providing the successful applicant.
Trillium Health Partners’ (THP) is an equal opportunity employer who values the importance of antiracism work and is committed to integrating antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion best practices throughout THP operations, policies and culture. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We encourage all applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person to consider this opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.