- Windsor, Canada
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Job ID: R21006352
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This part-time opportunity that offers full benefits training and career growth. Package Handlers who work the preload shift are responsible for loading and organizing UPS delivery trucks and getting them ready for delivery. Other responsibilities include unloading packages from UPS trailers scanning and sorting packages based on the delivery area.
- Part time – Monday through Friday 5 days a week
- Start time ranges from 2:00AM – 04:00 AM
- Finish time approx. 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- $15.50 per hour to start
- Scanning package on UPS vehicles
- Loading packages onto UPS delivery trucks by hand
- Following load charts to sort and organize packages based on the order of delivery
- Loading 2-4 trucks at one time and ensuring the proper packages are loaded onto the right delivery trucks
- Learning UPS package handling procedures and methods
- Working in the UPS warehouse – hot and cold temperatures dust dirt noise
- Working in a very fast paced position which is physically demanding(lifting up to 70lbs)
- Available to work daily Monday to Friday
- Start and end times will vary during high volume peak holiday season
- $15.50 an hour to start. Top rate of pay $30.09(seniority + 48 months)
- Health vision and dental benefits after 1 year of service.
- Discounted employee stock purchasing plan
- Employee discounts
- Promotion from within opportunities
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs./32 kgs.
- Ability to read and memorize postal codes
- Availability to work flexible shirt hours, up to 5 days per week
- Warehouse experience – Preferred
“UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation please advise our Human Resources representatives. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.”
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.