JOB TITLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR
POSTING NUMBER: 104809
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: Transit Sandalwood Parkway Facility
SALARY GRADE: 4
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,881.00 – $83,116.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $92,351.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: May 24, 2022
CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service, this role is responsible to coordinate and analyze the intake of escalated customer service inquiries from all channels (social media – 2 platforms, telephone and email). Develop and execute project initiatives to meet annual goals. Ensure the Transit Contact Centre meets customer expectations by demonstrating judgment and independence in meeting operational needs and corporate service standards. Establish and disseminate procedural updates for Contact Centre staff. Provide functional guidance and sets daily priorities to ensure service delivery within prescribed timelines. Monitor customer service performance and responses. Coaches and assigns daily work tasks and maintains timekeeping and scheduling for staffing purposes
- OPERATION SUPPORT
- Provide organized and proactive coordination of responding to customer inquiries through social media – twitter and Facebook, telephone and email;). answer questions to meet operational needs and corporate service standards.
- Responsible for background research and analysis on specific issues and customer service trends and makes recommendations on resolution and handling.
- Create work schedules and associated timekeeping based on demand, ensuring compliance with the Employment Standards Act and the Collective Agreement.
- Assist with call monitoring, evaluation and coaching to ensure proper standards of performance are maintained.
- Provide input into performance and disciplinary handling.
- Investigate and responds to escalated public complaints.
- Provide training to staff and ensure they possess knowledge in policy and practice guidelines.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Presto systems and processes and provide analysis to customers.
- Provide after-hours support to assist with the communication of service alerts.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information and escalates issues, as required.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Act as a key source of contact and provide guidance, advice and support to ensure coordination meets Contact Centre quality component standards and corporate service standards.
- Respond and handle escalated customer enquiries; prioritize requests and escalate for resolution as required to meet corporate service standards.
- Build and maintain a relationship with cross-functional departments, team, management and externally, to foster and support coordination while carrying out accountabilities.
- Uses knowledge and insights gained in working with customers to determine trends and respond to internal customer service inquiries.
- Follow the established protocols when responding to various media forms (Social Media – twitter and facebook, telephone and email)
- COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Prepare standard correspondence, reports, presentations, statistical reporting, data and other relevant materials as required accurately by established timelines.
- Utilize transit-specific software (Hastus and Infor) to generate and track customer inquiries.
- Review, analyze and advise on customer financial transaction histories using external software (Presto) and uses judgement and independence to determine courtesy reimbursements.
- Ensure effective communication between Operations Control Centre and Customer Service staff.
- Maintain up-to-date files, documentation and correspondence using the corporate filing system and ensure necessary sign-offs and approvals meet policies and confidentiality.
- Act as first level support to section to ensure service updates and responses are efficient and effective.
- Establish quality control standards and measures and provides measure/trends for improved customer service handling.
- CORPORATE CONTRIBUTION
- Conduct research using internal and external resources to gain insight of current programs, processes and practices to assist management in ways to support operational needs.
- Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- BUDGET SUPPORT
- Use of effective resource and expense management at all times to meet corporate policies and guidelines.
- TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Work well within diverse groups to support operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional team.
- Provide support/backup as necessary.
- Post-secondary certificate in Business/Office Administration or equivalent or related experience/training.
- 3-5 years front-line customer service experience.
- Knowledge of Transit Operations is an asset.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments and applicable Legislations is an asset
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests.
- Superior customer service and telephone communication skills including good etiquette, voice quality, articulation and listening skills.
- Solid organizational skills; detail oriented, and able to coordinate and multi-task to accomplish a variety of tasks and activities meeting conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Analytical skills for complex problem solving.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office/software.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above quoting reference #104809 by May 23, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.