Data Warehouse Analyst
About Toyota Financial Services
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) provides retail, leasing and wholesale financial services to Toyota and Lexus dealerships and customers across Canada. TFS is a member of Toyota Financial Services Corporation (TFSC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan with the Canadian operation headquarters in Markham, Ontario
What Sets Us Apart?
At Toyota Financial Services (TFS), you will help create best in class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative and team focused environment. TFS is an important part of the Toyota family, an award winning global company, recognized worldwide for our technological leadership and superior standards of quality, continuous improvement and environmental responsibility.
TFS currently has an exciting permanent opportunity as a Data Warehouse Analyst, reporting to the Manager of Strategy and Business Analytics. This role will reside in our Markham Head Office.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a bridge between our business users and data warehouse developers to define user requirements and ensure the successful implementation of enhancements to our data warehouse, including:
- Research and analysis of available data
- Clarification of the data transformations required to produce desired metrics
- Documentation of business requirements, including recommendations for the design and functionality of reports
- Monitor efficient transition of business requirements to technical specifications
- Design, direction and sometimes execution of UAT.
- Support business users on data warehouse issues. Analyze and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Respond accurately and in a timely manner to ad hoc requests for data inquires and analyses.
- Work with department managers and HR to design and deliver training to raise competency levels in using data, including data warehouse tables and data, new reports and enhancements, SQL, and visualization tool.
- Improve access to data while supporting the strengthening of data governance to ensure that data is properly managed, including data security and data integrity.
- Monitor daily file transmission status and respond quickly to transmission or data issues to ensure the daily update of data warehouse is completed on time.
- Prepare monthly, weekly and daily files and/or reports for Data Warehouse updates and business needs.
- Prepare documentation of policies and procedures surrounding the development and maintenance of our data warehouse environment.
- Support the rollout of visualization tools across the organization and various business analytics initiatives.
- Support corporate business transformation project to ensure a successful migration to the new integration hub with minimum impact on the data warehouse.
- Act as an owner of the data domain, have a continuous improvement mindset and collaborate with other business teams to advance data and analytics capabilities across the organization.
What you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, economics, business, statistics or an equivalent field.
- Demonstrated experience in working with relational data sets, data mining, and data warehouse reporting.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using MS Excel SQL and a Business Intelligence tool such as Tableau or Power BI to analyze data and create reports.
- Understanding of data management/data governance concepts and best practices.
- Able to plan and organize effectively.
- Working knowledge of using AWS Redshift Database is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written language and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented, flexible and proactive.