$21 an hour – Full-time
$21 an hour
Full Job Description
Terminal Security Supervisor – Toronto Pearson Aiport
To: All Security Personnel
From: Nasra Abass
Date: August 5, 2022
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
Re: Toronto Pearson International Airport
Position: Terminal Security Supervisor
Site: GTAA – Toronto Pearson International Airport
City: Mississauga, ON
Hours: Rotating Continental (0600-1800/1800-0600hrs)0700hrs.
Pay Rate: $21.00
Site Description: Toronto Pearson International Airport is the fourth-largest entry point in North America. It is Canada’s largest and busiest airports with approximately 456,000 flights and 44 million passengers travelling annually. Toronto Pearson is a hub for the movement of people and goods across the country, continent and globally. Toronto Pearson continues to grow with the increasing number of passengers annually by partnering with new airlines and connecting passengers to different regions of the world. Toronto Pearson is home to some world class shops, restaurants and handy services to cater to everyone’s needs. The GTAA is the operator and manager of Toronto Pearson International Airport with a 15-member Board of Directors comprised of professionals from the world of aviation and business sectors as well as local citizens.
Job Description: Working on assigned shifts, the Terminal Security Supervisor will be the official day to day contact for their respective Terminal, Operations Manager and liaison person with the GTAA representative in all matters. Their responsible for supervising the activities and job performance of Security Guards assigned to all areas belonging to their terminal. The Terminal Security Supervisor shall be considered a working supervisor that shall step in when assistance is needed to support frontline staff. You will provide proactive and reactive security services safeguarding the traffic sector of Toronto Pearson International Airport. The safety and security of all Airport customers is paramount to Paladin Security’s success. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Being alert and observant while being outside, standing or walking for an extended period of time in all weather conditions (Rain, Snow, Excessive Heat & Cold…etc.)
- Hands on approach with respect to the operation of the terminal.
- Ensure that all staff comply with all applicable airport safety, security, and operational procedures and regulations within Toronto Pearson.
- Ensure that all the posts are fully manned unless properly relieved. Oversee the book-on and off process.
- Responsible for knowing all the systems, positions and expectations of Paladin Security and the GTAA.
- Report directly to the GTAA’s Representative on a shift basis.
- Responsible for the administration and operational control of the entire curbside of their respective Terminal.
- Have in their possession a cellular phone or other approved means for communication with the GTAA Representative and/or the Integrated Communication Centre (ICC) during normal business hours while in the performance of their duties and provide a 24-hour contact phone number.
- Ensure that all staff have in their possession and clearly visible proper Paladin Uniform and ID.
- Provide reports as requested by the GTAA Representative in a timely manner.
- Provides leadership, direction, and ongoing coaching and training
- Ensures all standing orders and scheduled daily activities are carried out as required for each shift
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Minimum of 1-3 years of supervisory experience preferably in an Airport environment or similar enforcement/ customer service role.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (both oral and written form).
- No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or acceptable equivalent
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
- Click on Employee Portal
- Enter username and password
- Click on career opportunities
- Click on Ontario, then Toronto
- Select the job posting
- Register and apply
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.