From $17.50 an hour – Full-time
From $17.50 an hour
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Paid time off
Vision careShow 1 more benefit
Full Job Description
Do you love exploring the ways technology helps you do all your favorite things?
Do you love helping people and sharing your knowledge?
Do you want to grow your career with a company that rewards your hard work?
Do you want to improve your work / life balance and work from the comfort of your home?
Join our Transcom family as a Work At Home Agent – APPLY NOW!
- $17.50 CAD Starting Pay
- Plus performance-based incentives each month, earning potential
- Pay increases with continuous learning and advancement to new tiers of support
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation Time
- Computer Equipment Provided
- 100% REMOTE – Work-at-Home
- Great Work/Life Balance while developing your career
You’ll be the friendly voice of our Telecommunications clients to support their customers with smartphones, tablets, and computers. In this permanent full-time role, you’ll take inbound phone calls, listen to the caller, and use your technical expertise and passion for outstanding customer service to answer questions about products and services, or troubleshoot technical issues to find solutions.
We’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you if you can:
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues
- Comfortably navigate multiple applications to research solutions
- Multitask in systems while patiently providing step-by-step instructions
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations
- Work independently with discipline and motivation to succeed in a virtual environment where you work remotely with coworkers and supervisors from the comfort of your home.
- Work in a highly structured environment with strict adherence to your assigned full-time schedule taking high-volume inbound calls from customers.
- Work at a desk and wear an approved headset for the duration of a full-time schedule in order to talk to customers in a high-volume, fast-paced, and sometimes stressful environment.
What’s In It For You?
- Position as a Transcom employee (not an independent contractor)
- Improved Work / Life balance with paid vacation
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including medical, dental, vision
- 100% work at home, including training
- Ability to develop your skills and grow your career
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- At least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Able to work a full-time work week of 35-44 hours, with opportunities for overtime during peak season
- (We are not currently hiring for part-time opportunities)
- Able to maintain 100% strict adherence to the assigned schedule
- Able to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Able to work full-time hours, with reliable attendance, as outlined in the assigned schedule
- Strong computer knowledge, including the ability to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and friendly with a high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Able to multitask applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Ability to work in an environment where you must sit, reach, communicate (verbally and electronically), type, read, multi-task, concentrate, and interact with others in a prolonged setting.
- Experience in a technical support role or troubleshooting technical issues preferred
- Previous call center and/or work from home experience preferred
- Must live and work in one of the following provinces: Manitoba, New Brunswick, or Ontario
Home Office Requirements
- Transcom provides you with an all-in-one computer, monitor, and headset for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required to be used for training and meetings.
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibilities may include caring for a family member)
- Your home office must have DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 3 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms
Although the computer is provided if you are hired, you will need a home desktop or laptop computer that is hardwired using an Ethernet connection to complete the typing and internet speed assessments during the application. This is a requirement to be considered for this employment opportunity.
What to Expect?
Listen below to hear a sample of the types of calls you’ll handle when you join our amazing team!
Call Sample 1: https://dreambroker.com/channel/63uahzra/o30vts80
Call Sample 2: https://dreambroker.com/channel/63uahzra/3blz915a
Important Information about the Application and Interview Process at Transcom:
- Transcom will NEVER ask for your personal information until AFTER you have been given a written offer of employment, that comes after a live interview with a recruiter.
- Transcom will NEVER invite you to an interview without you first successfully completing our ENTIRE application process, including assessments.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to pay to get a job from us. We have no registration fees and Transcom pays for your background check.
- Transcom will NEVER send you a check to purchase equipment.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to send any money to a third party.
- Transcom will NEVER ask you to purchase gift cards.
- Transcom uses Adobe Connect in our interviews, not Skype, Telegram, or Zoom.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.50 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability