Community Living Mississauga
$15.00–$26.02 an hour – Part-time, Permanent
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Description of Organization
Community Living Mississauga provides support to people who have an intellectual disability. The Community Engagement Resource Initiative provides social/recreational opportunities for adults.
Description of Position
This Initiative provides people over the age of 18 with the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and get involved in activities in their community. The Community Engagement Resource Initiative provides the opportunity for adults to get together, once a week, in a small group and go to the movies, go out for dinner, take a cooking class, take an exercise class and much more! The group will plan their own schedules. The groups get together in the evenings or on Saturdays.
A support worker will accompany the group each week to the activity and be available to provide support on a 4:1 basis.
Description of Duties
– Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for the people supported.
– Provide direct and indirect support to people as required by personal support plans.
– Support people to identify, work towards and achieve their goals/personal outcomes.
– Encourage self-expression of people supported and remain knowledgeable of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
– Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families.
– Complete all required electronic documentation accurately and within set time frames.
– Apply techniques and understand concepts related to non-violent crisis intervention (CPI)
– Represents Community Living Mississauga professionally at all times while providing support in the community
– Enrolled and actively pursuing Developmental Services Worker diploma or equivalent
– Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2), access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
– Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
– Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
– Valid First Aid with CPR certificate
– Enrolled and actively pursuing Social Services Worker diploma, Child and Youth Care diploma, or a university degree in a related discipline; and experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability; OR
– Successful completion of a university degree in an unrelated discipline and a minimum one year’s experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability
– Fluent in French
Must be available evenings and Saturdays.
We provide competitive compensation and paid training opportunities.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that people who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$26.02 per hour
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)