Brampton, ON•Hybrid remote
$93,803–$105,529 a year – Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Job ID 2022-7195Job Location 1: Company CA-ON-Brampton# Positions 1Job Type Full TimeJob Industry Government and Public SectorCareer Level ExperiencedYears of Experience 3
JOB TITLE: Supervisor, Transit Customer Service
POSTING NUMBER: 104966
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: Hybrid Model – when working onsite, you will report to the location of Transit Sandalwood Facility.
SALARY GRADE: 6
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $93,803.00 – $105,529.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $117,254.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: August 18, 2022
CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Director, Transit Services, provide leadership and direction to the Customer Service team in the management of customer inquiries, investigations and service requests. Support and champion the corporate vision to ensure that the highest level of customer service is delivered through the formulation of controls and standards that are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Supervise Customer Service Coordinators, Customer Service Clerks, Transit Information Clerks and part-time Transit Information Clerks for the customer service needs within the Transit division.
- Manage and monitor employee quality performance, standards and skills by maintaining a customer service performance management program.
- Manage the recruitment process, assign work, determine training and development needs, coach and mentor, conduct performance appraisals and determines/recommends disciplinary action up to and including dismissal in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
- Supervise the initiation, processing and resolution of customer complaints/problems utilizing the Customer Contact/Complaint process tracking system.
- Responsible for the planning and coordinating of all Customer Contact Centre requirements to provide efficient and evolving service to customers.
- Provide input to social media strategy as related to Twitter and Facebook
- Review and approve social media verbiage that may have implications from a public relations standpoint.
- Develop, implement and manage quality customer service methodology by developing and implementing quality standards for customer contact from all channels (social media, telephone, emails). Develop strategies for service improvement, including training needs for technical and interpersonal skills and provide appropriate training options.
- Analyses statistics from Automatic Call Distributor and Automatic Telephone Information System to ensure adequate service to customers is maintained and report to the Transit Management Team.
- Analyze data, trends, issues and gaps related to service delivery; develop and implement appropriate reports and action plans.
- Ensure that the creation of the Contact Centre schedule adequately covers the calls to meet the service level objective and adequately covers the service level for all communication channels. Report to the Transit Leadership Team trends on customer inquiries, complaints, requests, etc.
- Monitor customer contacts to ensure staff is responding to complaints from all channels (social media, phone, email) within service standardized responses and within the required timeframe.
- Administer strategies to better manage public inquiries and make recommendations for improvements based on trend analysis and consultation with other transit systems.
- Communicate to the Customer Service Section on a daily basis to ensure all relevant service changes and update information is provided to be able to deliver to the public.
- Initiate team meetings on a regular basis to promote inter-team communications and allow a forum for staff to provide input on daily activities.
- Liaise with all appropriate stakeholders (i.e. GO Transit/Marketing/Scheduling) regarding full disclosure of service information to staff and customers.
- Liaise with operating sections to develop new processes and improve existing processes to enhance customer experience.
- Resolve more difficult or highly sensitive complaints so that political or contentious issues may be avoided such as public petitions or community concerns.
- Respond to issues that have escalated to Council and may collaborate directly with the Council office for remedial action and response.
- Take lead as Project Manager and contract administrator as required.
- Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for preparation and monitoring of budget in unit.
- Ensures technologies functioning correctly on a daily basis and responsible for identifying future enhancement opportunities.
- Diploma in Business or related field with focus on customer service
- Over three years’ experience leading a customer service program and/or related experience/training
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Supervisory skills are essential along with the ability to implement change;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of appropriate computer applications;
- Good performance and work record; knowledge of Transit Operations is an asset.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above quoting reference #104966 by August 31, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.