$23.04–$24.46 an hour – Full-time
$23.04–$24.46 an hour
Full Job Description
Humber River Hospital. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Five years since opening our doors as North America’s first fully digital hospital and we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Hospital, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Hospital, we’re not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
Right now we’re looking for a Stores Clerks to work in our Purchasing & Logistics Department.
Hourly Rate Range: $23.038 – $24.460
Schedule Requirements: Must be available for all rotating shifts- days, evening, nights, weekends and statutory holidays
Location: All Sites -Cross site coverage is required
Employee Group: NOWU Service
- Responsible for the filling and delivery of all requisitions for stock items from Stores.
- Monitoring expiry dates of inventory supplies in storeroom and on supply carts.
- Maintaining supplies carts in an orderly fashion; supply cart build and design as designated by Manager.
- Scanning, counting, picking and replenishing all Supply Carts.
- Processing incoming inventory shipments and accurately entering into Meditech.
- Ensuring that all credit transactions are correctly entered in the Meditech Hospital System.
- Receiving, storing and reporting all incoming items, reporting wrong, short or damaged shipments.
- Delivery of direct orders to the appropriate department and obtaining signatures within 24 hours of receipt.
- Responsible for rotating dated stock items.
- Processing returns from departments and shipping items out.
- Assisting in regular stock counts and inventory counts.
- Operation of equipment such as loading ramp, pallet truck and other equipment necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- At least 2 years of recent inventory management skill set and experience is required.
- Computer experience and demonstrated data entry skills ability are required.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment such as hand pump truck is required.
- Good math skills are required (Math test will be administered).
- Ability to perform consistent heavy lifting on a daily basis is required; must be able to lift heavy objects (a functional ability test will be administered).
- Recent Hospital receiving and inventory experience is preferred.
- Computer experience in a hospital environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical and surgical products is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on small details of transactions with accuracy and precision.
- Proven ability to prioritize a constant and varied workload.
- Good command of the English Language (both verbal and written) is required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A positive attendance record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Huron Consulting hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network (TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care…healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the SEIU collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees – from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Posted Just posted