Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Security Supervisor
Site: Square One Shopping Centre
City: Mississauga, ON
Status: Full Time
Hours: Various Shifts
Pay Rate: $27.57/ an hour
Site Description: Square One Shopping Centre Square One is located in downtown Mississauga adjacent to the interchange of Highway 403 and Hurontario Street, near the Mississauga Civic Centre, the Mississauga Living Arts Centre and the Mississauga Central Library. Located within the mall grounds is the main terminal of MiWay (formerly Mississauga Transit) bus network, which opened in 1997, and a Peel Regional Police station, which opened in 2002.
- Perform security duties, mall patrol, vehicle patrol, in accordance with established procedures and schedules.
- Perform security patrols in accordance with established procedures. Monitor all areas and control access by unauthorized or undesirable persons.
- Maintain communications at all times with fellow Supervisors, Security Guards, Management, Customer Service and Maintenance staff.
- Respond immediately to any requests for assistance from customers, tenants and employees.
- Respond immediately to any emergencies and co-ordinate activities according to established procedures.
- Ensure maximum customer, tenant and employee safety at all times.
- Be courteous, tactful and helpful in enforcing all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Document allactivities during each shift as required.
- Perform duties and tasks assigned by the Security Leadership team and respond to the directions of all shopping centre management.
- Be observant and record all discrepancies, deficiencies and safety hazards noted during security patrols and take corrective action either informing the applicable department or handling it personally, whenever possible.
- Provide security escorts as required.
- Completely investigate and document all incidents and occurrences involving customers, tenants and employees.
- Perform parking control duties as set out in established procedures.
- Maintain proper key control at all times.
- Maintain control of the lost and found records and property.
- Maintain the highest standard of security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
- Perform security duties within the limits of the law and in accordance with any federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Represent Paladin Security and Oxford Properties to tenants and customers in such a way as to enhance the quality, image and reputation of the shopping centre and the company.
- Basic knowledge of integrated security systems, access control, CCTV, LAN and network infrastructures and associated software.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid G Licence
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Benefits and Other Perks
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Upon interview, applicants must be able to produce the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record (Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 – min 2 Doses)
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- A Valid G Class Driver’s License With A Clear Driver’s Abstract
- First Aid and CPR – Level C (Must be WSIB Approved)
- 2 – 4 Years of Security or Industry Related Experience
- Educational Background in Police Foundations, Criminal Justices Studies etc. or Knowledge Within The Security Industry would be considered an asset*
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: NA