Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! [less]
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Security Guard
Site: CF Sherway Gardens
City: Etobicoke, ON
Hours: Rotating Continental Days (0700 – 1900/1900 – 0700hrs)
Pay Rate: $17.56/hr.
CF Sherway Gardens is located just west of downtown at the junction of Hwy. 427 & QEW. There is easy direct access to the shopping center from both QEW and Hwy. 427 via Sherway Gardens Road. Anchored by The Bay, Saks Fifth Ave, and Nordstrom, CF Sherway Gardens is an upscale fashion and lifestyle center with over 200 shops and services. Known for its best-in-class retailers, lush gardens, and comfortable leather seating, CF Sherway is a shoppers’ delight.
To deliver a consistent and outstanding level of customer service to clients by actively seeking out opportunities to provide assistance and support. Working on assigned shifts, to act as a deterrent to crime and undesired activity and help to maintain a visibly safe and welcoming property environment. You will be required to write reports and investigate routine incidents, as well as respond to emergencies quickly and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain compliance with and enforce property standards, rules, and regulations in a reasonable manner
- Able to use tact and diplomacy in dealings across a range of settings and situations
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR, or AED support until medical professionals arrive
- Ability to maintain and enforce access control procedures
- Solid understanding of emergency and standard operating procedures
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the property, in a fair and safe manner, by enforcing the Trespass to Property Act
- Assist with Fire & Life Safety inspections
- Maintain a detailed memo book and prepare incident reports on all matters dealt with using CF’s standard report-writing program
- Conduct periodic patrols of property either by foot or by vehicle.
- Investigate incidents and occurrences
- Draft detailed incident and occurrence reports
- Maintain the peace, safety, and security of all patrons, clients on the property
- Monitor CCTV surveillance systems
- De-escalate emergency / crisis situations
- Assist emergency and law enforcement personnel
- Access control, line management, customer service
- Assist with daily operations as needed/required or directed.
- Other duties as outlined by management
- Must be willing and able to stand, walk, patrol by foot and vehicle for extended periods (8-12 hours)
- Must demonstrated a high degree of professionalism
- Must have at least 1 year of prior security experience
- Experience in physical / mall security considered an asset**
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong command and fluency in the English language both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment both indoors and outdoors as required.
- Must be able to handle stress and pressure and make a sound decision under duress
- Must be conformable working in a busy highly populated area
- Must have a clean driver abstract
- Must demonstrate high attention to detail / observational awareness
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and the ability to work productively and efficiently in a team
What we Offer:
- Extensive training – 4 to 5 days of class training
- Competitive wages
- Company benefits *
- Advancement and growth opportunities
- Clear communications, scheduling, and support from a team of professionals there to ensure your success
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
- Must possess a valid “G” Class driver’s license
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must provide driver’s abstract
- No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
- First Aid & CRP Level C
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
- Minimum driving experience of 3 to 5 years