Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! [less]
Job Skills / Requirements
Date: August 30, 2021
Closing Date: September 7, 2021
Re: Job Posting
Position: Security Guard
Site: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton – King Campus
City: Hamilton, ON
Hours: Monday to Friday (1500-2300 hours)
Pay Rate: $16.00
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Located at 2757 King St. East, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s King Street Campus provides regional mental health services for South Central Ontario, including inpatient and outpatient care to those suffering with a severe mental illness or addiction. With a focus on delivering patient-centered care to the residents of Stoney Creek, East Hamilton, and the broader Hamilton-Wentworth Region, programs and services at our King Campus range from a Regional Eye Institute (providing eye care and cataract surgery) to pain management services, a Mature Women’s Health Centre, a 39-bed satellite Dialysis Clinic, and education programs including asthma management, nutrition and diabetes clinics.
- Patrol and protect the aforementioned campus and provide a safe environment for all occupants.
- Provide security services for all interior and exterior areas of the campuses, including but not limited to parking lots and recreational grounds.
- Work with the SJHH Security Manager and delegates to plan and implement various security programs within the campuses. The SJHH Security Manager and Paladin Client Service Manger will be the main contacts for all security services.
- Escort SJHH staff on night and evening shifts to their parked cars.
- Where applicable, operate and staff the security portals.
- Assists staff (clinical and non-clinical) units, patients, visitors, volunteers, contractors, police and other support agencies as required.
- Respond to all emergency codes, panic or personal alarms activated by SJHH staff. Personal alarms will signal that someone onsite requires immediate assistance.
- Provide key and access control as required by SJHH staff in accordance with SJHH policies.
- Conducts patrols and investigations as required, completes logs and reports.
- Operate the Graphic User Interface (GUI), monitor cameras and investigate vandalism, theft, accidents, and other criminal acts that occur on SJHH property.
- Provide parking lot monitoring and support as required by SJHH.
- Follow-up on emergency maintenance issues and incident reporting during off-hours. Such follow up includes contacting SJHH Building Services, on-call personnel, and/or SJHH Site Administrator.
- Use, maintain and care for SJHH security property including keys, identification badges, and two way radios as required.
- Conduct various ground inspections as instructed.
- Participate in all applicable SJHH emergency codes.
- Where applicable, provide ongoing support and issuing of personal alarms as required by SJHH.
- Carries SJH pagers and radio
- Any additional duties and assignments can be requested.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- First Aid & CPR – Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
- NCVI Training
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin’s online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Successful completion of NVCI
- Additional courses as assigned
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift.