- 28-Jun-2022 to 28-Jul-2022 (EST)
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- $16.75- $17.25
SECURITY GUARD -CALGARY AIRPORT
ASP Inc. invites you to join us on Tuesday May 10th from 9am to 2pm for our Calgary Job Fair to be held at St. John Ambulance, 7236 10st NE, Calgary Alberta T2E 8XE.
Are you passionate about Safety & Security and seeking opportunity to join a team of Security Professionals?
A.S.P. Incorporated has provided security and customer service solutions for over 20 years to Canadian clients. We employ in excess of 2000 employees and are a subsidiary of ICTS EUROPE, which is operating in 22 countries and employing more than 17000 professionals. A.S.P provide services to some of the largest airports in Canada and has a significant presence in the Commercial and Residential spaces in Ontario and Alberta.
A.S.P. is looking for Access Control Officer, who take pride in becoming ambassador of Airport and make every interaction professional and positive. Work with integrity, respect, and take responsibility of the security and safety at the Calgary Airport.
What you will do:
- Monitor and controls ground-side to airside and NPS-V access points (restricted area access control);
- Maintain vigilance, situational awareness and alertness of surroundings while focusing on Post duties;
- Acts as an ambassador of the Airport Authority by offering customer services to public;
- Prompt reporting of invalid, damaged and confiscated passes or keycards;
- report all known or suspected safety concerns, security breaches, criminal offenses, suspicious activities, unattended items, etc. to the SOC/IOC and Shift Lead and confirm the details, while maintaining visual surveillance pending arrival of security patrol or police;
- Respond to screening checkpoint and other airport restricted area alarms;
- Perform security patrols and responses throughout the airport as well as tenant facilities;
- Maintain notebooks and complete daily logs, deficiency reports and incident/occurrence reports;
- Inspect vehicles (Airside only) and examine vehicle occupants and contents prior to entry;
- Perform emergency response duties in accordance with the Airport Emergency Response Manual.
Who you are:
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education;
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience in a security field or any equivalent;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- Proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office;
- Self-motivated individual with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills;
- Able to work in Rotation 24/7 shift schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Must Possess a valid Security licence, Ontario Drivers Licence (G or Higher) with a clear a driving abstract and Basic First Aid and CPR certification;
- Must be willing to provide Criminal Record check upon request;
- Possession of a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is an asset;
- Experience with D AVOP/Security Operations Centre/CCTV/Alarm monitoring is an asset
Possession of a valid Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP D/DA) is an asset.
Why you should work with A.S.P:
- We care about our team and their personal and professional success;
- We offer competitive salaries;
- You can have flexible schedules; and
- Free airport parking when on shift
A.S.P. Incorporated is committed to support a diverse workforce from various communities within which we operate. We encourage all qualified professionals, without regard to race, gender identity, colour, sex, marital / family status, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, aboriginal status, age, etc. to apply.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We hire for PERSONALITY. We train for the job.