Posted Date5 days ago(8/12/2021 8:55 AM)System ID 2021-10866 # Positions 5 Position Type and Status Casual Job Industry Long Term Care Career Level Experienced Post End Date 8/31/2021 11:55 PM
The Region of Peel is looking for Screeners to work temporarily during the COVID 19 Pandemic
Care. Compassion. Love. Respect.
Pretty much sums up the needs of those who live and work in our long-term care centres
Do you have some computer/office experience, are you friendly, with good communication skills. Are you a teamplayer who enjoy seniors and wants to make someone’s day just a little bit better?
What’s an Absolute Requirement? Availability! We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts including weekend work
Screener – Long Term Care
You will be responsible for supporting infection control by screening staff and visitors at Regional Long Term Care Homes
- Screen all staff and visitors attending the Long Term Care home using the screening survey tool
- Assists visitors and staff with general questions in person and via telephone
- Provides basic document support services, such as photocopying, faxing
- Maintains filing for all screening records, which may include database entry
- Works in partnership with a multidisciplinary team
- Secondary school graduate
- 6 months clerical experience preferably in a health care environment
- good customer service, interpersonal and communication skills in a demanding environment
- Familiarity with the functions of office equipment such as fax, photocopier
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self directed manner within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person with a variety of people at all levels
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy
- Additional languages spoken an asset
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology
Location: various locations may be available
Mississauga – Malton Village, Sheridan Villa/Brampton – Peel Manor, Tall Pines and Bolton Vera Davis
Duration: up to 6 months
- Due to the legislated restrictions currently in place, we would ask that you not work in another Health Care environment (hospital or LTC) during your temporary employment witth the Region of Peel unless you are fully vaccinated
- We’ve put measures in place to protect the health, safety and wellness of our employees
Please note: Successful candidates hired to work within any of The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care Homes are required to provide the following information prior to hire:
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- TB Skin Testing
- COVID-19 Testing
It is the responsibility of the successful candidate to pay for any associated costs of the above noted checks
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we’re focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.