System ID 2022-27460Job Type Part Time Location Mississauga Hospital Number of Positions 1Unionized Non-Union
Position: Scheduling Clerk
Posting #: 2022-27460
Status: Part Time (x1)
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Department: Clinical Resource Team, Professional Practice
Role Level: Admin Clerical (AC03) – $21.86 – $27.29
Hours of Work: Days
Posted: June 16, 2022
Internal Deadline: June 23, 2022
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Care Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community – patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan – quality, access and sustainability – anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients – inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Practice/Clinical Resource Team this person will be responsible for the coordination of schedules and facilitation of coverage for CRT Nursing and Allied Health professionals. They will work with the Patient Care Managers/designate to collaboratively ensure coverage across the hospital (all sites) to optimize the quality of patient care offered.
The coordinator will assist the Patient Care Managers with operational tasks associated with nursing and allied health staff (physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, registered dietitians, and occupational therapy/physical therapy assistants)
- Develop schedules for CRT and prepare a deployment calendars
- Prioritize needs of departments and redeployment of nursing staff using standard hospital protocols
- Facilitate appropriate coverage of patient care units during peak times and staff shortages due to vacancies or sick calls
- Respond to either Patient Care Managers or designate to ascertain scheduling needs
- Enter staff payroll
- Build and maintain schedules and coordinate vacation requests for CRT Nurses and Allied Health professionals
- Monitor statistics and productivity for nursing and allied health professionals
- Track referrals from areas without designated coverage to determine changes in referral patterns and potential staffing requirements
- Implement and maintain a database of staff availability and contact information, and suitability
- Manage all aspects of agency utilization, booking, invoice checking/adjustments/approvals
- Maintain effective communication with all units regarding status of staffing requests
- Communicate with the Clinical Operations Managers after-hours regarding overall staffing situations
- Must be able to work in a professional, cooperative and effective manner with all fellow staff and clients
- Site of work may be Mississauga Hospital or Credit Valley Hospital
- Post-secondary Medical Administration Diploma preferred
- Strong proficiency with MS office applications
- Proficiency with Meditech and scheduling module is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills to appropriate manage and prioritize scheduling demands
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under stressful conditions
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to Trillium Health Partners values
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.