Job ID 159481-en_US
Job Requisition Id: 159481
Business Function: Rural and Suburban Mail Carriers
Primary City: Brampton
Province: Ont. – GTA
Employment Type: On Call Relief
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Area of Competition: All qualified RSMC, and PRE and qualified OCRE (OCRE must be employed within 75km of this postal installation). Other Canada Post employees may apply for RSMC job opportunities that are advertised on the www.canadapost.ca/careers external website.
Posting Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 28/07/2022
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 31/12/2022
Imagine that you could make the open road your office. As an on-call relief Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier with Canada Post, you can. We’re recruiting for dependable, organized individuals to deliver mail on an on-call basis to various communities.
If you enjoy working with the public and independently, as well as operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions, then you’re ready to embark on a rewarding career and call the open road your office.
As an on-call relief employee with Canada Post, you’ll be working with an organization focused on growth and innovation, and recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens. Along with receiving a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to grow with us and discover your career potential, as you may be eligible to apply for any upcoming permanent Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier positions.
• Project a positive and courteous manner when dealing with customers face-to-face
• Be adept at sorting, collecting and delivering mail items, in a safe and timely manner
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of local infrastructure including roads, customers and delivery receptacles
• Ensure mail is safely secured in their possession
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Process various CPC products and services (Change of Address Notification, Damaged Mail, Items Delivered Bill (IDB) and others)
- Wear Canada Post identification while on delivery and ensure its visibility while delivering and collecting mail from customers
- Lift and carry items up to 50 lb/22.7 kg
- Have experience in making deliveries and operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions
Mandatory Vehicle Requirements
- A minimum cargo capacity of 100 cu ft (2832 liters)
- Automatic Transmission
- Power windows;
- A metal roof-top and accessory power outlet to accommodate a Canada Post sign and flashing light;
- The middle of passenger window sill that is between 38” and 45” from the ground and maximum interior width of 56”;
- Fifth door / hatchback to allow for oversized and bulky items to be loaded; (Preferred)
- Provide and maintain the required automobile liability insurance for the use of your vehicle
- Notify your insurance company as to the use of your vehicle while employed at Canada Post
- Have a satisfactory safe driving record
- Possess a valid permanent provincial driver’s license
Click hereto know how to measure your vehicle’s cargo capacity
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Applicants who are currently members of the employee group – the provisions of the collective agreement apply which respect to position occupancy requirements.
Applicants who are currently members of another employee group – should contact their human resources representative to learn more about their position occupancy requirements.