Role Purpose: Responsible for providing marketing support service for our national brands, and is accountable for tasks and duties which will directly impact the end consumer. Represents Maple Lodge Farms with store level management in the sale of approved Maple Lodge Farms products.
This position focuses on the region of Western Ontario (Hamilton, Brantford, Kitchener, London)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Plans and executes programs to support marketing and merchandising plans while delivering within approved budgets and timelines.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with store managers and encourages incremental merchandising support from account contacts to increase sales.
- Completes daily visits to MLF customers, including Deli, Meat, Store Managers.
- Sells, tracks and monitors product distribution to ensure we hold fair share of shelf, and RSR can have fact based information when discussing product performance with accounts.
- In person, presentation of new products and programs, including POS, to appropriate managers.
- Completes appropriate reports to effectively measure distribution, retail pricing and competitive activity to share with marketing and sales teams in better understanding retail environment changes.
- Works with the Marketing and Sales departments to leverage store level special team support.
- Identify and create sales opportunities, influencing and writing DSD orders where possible.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Previous experience in merchandising; preferably 3 years minimum in the grocery industry;
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license
- Ability to negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Works well independently and with little supervision; problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
- Offsite; Driving and visiting retail environments
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.