|Title:||Specialty Retail Sales Associate (Part time)|
|City, State:||Toronto, ON|
|Location:||Toronto Pearson Airport|
GROW With US!
Hudson is North America’s leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn’t serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We’re dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler’s Best Friend. We strive to ensure we’re fulfilling our team members’ career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways – as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
- A rate of pay of $15.85 per hour plus commission
- A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
This Specialty Sales Associate Position Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
- Working at our Boutique Stores, selling high-end, high-quality merchandise
- Contributing in achieving store goals in sales, productivity and service by utilizing our selling skills, service training and standards
- Representing various luxury brands to the customer and acting as a Brand Ambassador for the brands to ensure needs are consistently exceeded
- Working in our Duty Free stores at Toronto Pearson International Airport
The team is counting on you as a Specialty Sales Associate to:
- Have open/flexible availability – early mornings, afternoons, late evenings (weekdays and weekends) and holidays
- Work a part-time schedule
- Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Provide a complete shopping experience for our customers involving product knowledge and service excellence
- Consistently seek new fashion and product knowledge to act as an expert for our customers
- Understand your role as the last point of contact in the shop, acting as a positive role model regarding the customers last impression
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude, cooperate with team members and help to support them
- Set and achieve personal sales goals, while supporting the goals of the team
- Communicate pricing and inventory issues to management
- Responsible for managing the till in the shop and make sure that all Processes and Procedures regarding the handling of cash and credit/debit cards is according to the Company policies
- Participates and contributes in daily briefings, staff meetings.
- Follows all communication and managers direction.
- Keep inventory organization and integrity in transactions while displaying all current merchandise at all times
- Participate in and complete any Brand/product knowledge training.
- Assist in on boarding and training of new associates.
- Follow all company policies, cash handling policies and special store loss prevention procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers, fellow employees and store management
- Understand all store Loss Prevention Procedures designed to minimize internal and external shrink.
- Report shoplifting incidents or internal theft situations to store management.
- Assist in inventory processes and counts
- Work with other employees to receive all shipments in a timely manner
- Prepare merchandise for return to vendor accurately and on time.
- Perform daily department maintenance tasks including restocking product, re-merchandising displays, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning
- Perform related work as assigned.
- 2 years retail experience , preferably with luxury brands
- Proficiency in the operation of a cash register
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrable experience in dealing with difficult customers
- Excellent verbal communication and relational skills
- Flexible availability including weekends, early mornings or late evenings as required by business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
“Depending on the location of the position, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada for any employer.”“Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.”
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly.