Come Work with Us!At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Job Title Investment Services Representative, RBC Direct Investing
Job Description What is the opportunity?If you possess a client-focused mindset and have the ability to identify client centric solutions, this role gives you a great opportunity to grow with the RBC Direct Investing team. As an Investment Services Representative, you provide clients with helpful and engaging, professional, efficient, and knowledgeable service over the phone or through electronic communications. You are diligent with an attention to detail, and maximize productivity on an individual and team level. Effective problem resolution, exceptional client service and expert securities knowledge is crucial to your success in this role, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment. This is a full-time and shift oriented role with an opportunity to potentially work from home.What will you do?
- Proactively uncover opportunities to match customer needs through effective communication and probing skills to help guide clients to available products and services offered by Direct Investing.
- Work within specified performance metrics for all client communications (verbal or written).
- Uphold a professional image of RBC and RBC Direct Investing Inc. at all times.
- Actively promote the capability and functionality of the RBC Direct Investing website and mobile capabilities, proactively identifying self-service opportunities for clients.
- Provide helpful and engaging, knowledgeable, accurate, responsive, and professional services to clients, including prompt and courteous completion of trade instructions via telephone, or electronic means, all within regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Understand and apply industry rules and regulations (e.g. IIROC, Provincial, etc.), as well as RBC Enterprise and RBC Direct Investing Inc. policies and procedures to all activities performed.
- Accurately execute client instructions within defined authorities and ensure clients have the means to meet trade settlement obligations.
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Ability to work independently as a Remote Office Employee (ROE), working in your home office with proven time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet with the technological and confidentiality requirements of the role (i.e. private and quiet space, Internet connectivity, etc.)
- University or College degree/diploma or a minimum of 1 year of relevant business experience in a client service role, driven to help meet clients’ needs.
- Strong English communication (verbal, written, and transcription), analytical and time management skills, along with an attention to detail.
- Excellent team building, problem resolution, and computer navigation skills, as well as strong initiative and the ability to multi task.
- Exceptional customer service skills and, friendly and professional telephone skills.
- Full flexibility to work a variety of shifts ranging between 7AM to 8PM, Mondays to Saturdays.
- Completion of the following required courses
- Completion and maintenance of standing (per regulatory requirements) for the following required courses or must be completed as per the timelines below:
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) 2 must be completed within 15 weeks of the start date.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) 1 must be completed within 7 weeks of the start date.
- Completion and maintenance of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification level 1 or any higher levels of the CFA program.
- Derivative Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course (DFOL) must be completed within 44 weeks of the start date.
- Conduct Practices Handbook (CPH) must be completed within 22 weeks of the start date.
- Prior completion and maintenance of standing (per regulatory requirements) with the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or CFA level 1, Conduct Practices Handbook (CPH) & Derivative Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course (DFOL).
- Fluency in a second language is an asset (French, Mandarin, and Cantonese).
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact on our clients
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities