Job Category: Airport Operations
Requisition Number: WHEEL005096
- Posted: September 9, 2022
PrimeFlight Aviation Services provides air carriers and airports with a wide range of aircraft, passenger and security services to ensure the safe and reliable operation of their aircraft and the comfort of their passengers.
Our team is focused on quality, safety and providing a positive customer experience through all services offered. We strive to be a leading provider of aviation services and strong business partner for our customers.
We are currently looking for Wheelchair Attendants to join our growing team. As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will provide safe and courteous wheelchair services to various airline passengers with disabilities, while complying with the Air Carrier Access Act, airport policies and airline procedures. You will provide prompt and efficient service to our Airline partner and their customers by performing the following duties:
Job Description Summary:
- Ensure a safe work environment by following rules and regulations regarding the workplace.
- Assist in lifting passengers requiring assistance in and out of carts, wheelchairs and/or aircraft passenger seats.
- Transport passengers in wheelchairs or electric carts to/from or within the concourses.
- Safely assist or lifting persons with disabilities in/out of wheelchairs, carts, or aircraft seats.
- Assist the customer in claiming checked luggage before assisting the passenger in a wheelchair to the curb.
- Transport passengers in wheelchairs or electric carts through the terminal or gate for release or further processing for other flights as needed.
- Responsible for escorting unaccompanied minors to/from flights and/or to meet the receiving adult and verifying identification and completing appropriate paperwork.
- Assist passenger with any problems, questions, or concerns
- Maintain professional working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, managers, airline employees, and airport authorities
- Have computer, tablet or smart phone ability
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school/GED
- Must be able to pass a background check, and able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 32 kgs and push a wheelchair with an adult in it
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
- Must be able to work various shifts and days of the week. Airlines are 24/7, so we require our team to be flexible to work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must possess reliable transportation to work
- Must attend every day of pre-employment training. All prospective agents must pass training to continue on with employment
If you match the criteria above and are interested in joining us to service the aviation industry, please apply and attach your resume. We will call to schedule interviews as we receive applicants that match our needs.
The Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) requires that all airport workers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or, if subject to a valid medical or religious exemption, submit to weekly testing. In compliance with this mandate, job offers for PrimeFlight’ s YYZ operations are contingent upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you have questions or wish to request an exemption as a reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.