Job Requisition Id: 157866
Business Function: Plant Operations
Primary City: Mississauga
Province: Ont. – GTA
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Number of Vacancies 50
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability. This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Experience the dynamic mail operations environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
The successful candidate will:
- Operating and shuttling of corporate vehicles
- Operation of material handling equipment
- Receiving and accepting mail items
- Sort, scan and sequence and batch mail items
- Transferring and loading of a postal truck
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Transfers and dispatching of parcels and packets
- Completes reports and documentation
- Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and their appropriate class of provincial driver’s license during their employment with Canada Post when operating a corporate vehicle
- Lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50lbs)
- Perform other postal clerk duties as required
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license.
- For the past 3 years held a safe and satisfactory driving record (driver’s abstract)
- Experience working in a production environment is an asset
- Experience driving/moving various sizes and types of commercial vehicles
- Please attach to your profile a copy of a current driver’s abstract (dated within the last 30 days). This document is required in order to consider your application and can be obtained from your local Ministry of Transportation office.
- You will be required to pass pre-employment tests and an interview.
Please note that mandatory pre-employment assessments and job training may take place in third-party facilities such as clinics and hotels, where specific COVID 19 protocols are in place. Access to these third-party facilities will require compliance with any such protocols.
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
- A character reference letter
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.