$28.94–$33.36 an hour – Full-time
$28.94–$33.36 an hour
Full Job Description
Join our team of pharmacy services experts for the provision of highly reliable, safe and effective patient centered care via advanced medication management services here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital, our Pharmacy department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe distribution and service of medications to patients which facilitates successful patient treatment outcomes in compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation standards. The management and distribution of our medications is critical in ensuring we are able to consistently deliver the high-quality, safe care that we are known for. As we continue to grow our pharmacy operations, we are seeking a Full Time Pharmacy Technician- Nights to join our team.
Are you a registered Pharmacy Technician looking to join a progressive Pharmacy Services team? Are you comfortable using the technology and ready to work in a highly automated environment? Can you commit to working 12 hour overnight shifts? If you answered yes, we invite you to read the requirements below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Pharmacy Services.
Hourly Salary: $28.94 -$33.36
Availability: Primarily 12 hour Overnight Shifts. – Must also be available for day or afternoon shifts to fulfill 4 week orientation and other training requirements of the hospital (subject to change)
Location: Humber River Hospital.
- Accountable and responsible for the provision of safe and effective drug distribution. This includes all technical aspects of drug distribution, including filling and checking of unit dose medication bins and interim doses, preparation of hazardous and non- hazardous sterile and non-sterile products, Total Parenteral Nutrition products, chemotherapy medications, and stocking medications in patient care areas including narcotics.
- Help manage Inventory; purchasing and receiving drugs, checking expiration dates, prepackaging, and delivering medications to the patient care areas and documentation and maintenance of relevant records.
- Maintain automation, equipment and other technologies.
- Support direct patient care activities (i.e. BPMH) in collaboration with pharmacists and maintain clear, accurate and legible documentation.
- Other assigned responsibilities.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required.
- Successful completion of Community College Pharmacy Technician course or equivalent required.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
- 1-2 years Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
- Hospital Experience, Pharmacy automation and/or sterile compounding experience preferred.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Good communication skills to facilitate effective customer centered care
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to optimize workflow.
- Ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering highly reliable safe, quality care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on evidence-based leadership practices and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a positive patient experience. At Humber River Hospital we believe in exceptional care…healthier community.
This position has been filled in accordance with the OPSEU 590 collective agreement.
To express your interest in this exciting opportunity, complete the online application in confidence at www.hrh.ca/jobs.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow’s healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees – from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Posted Just posted