System ID2022-29269 Job TypeFull Time LocationMississauga Hospital Number of Positions1 UnionizedNon-Union
Position: Pharmacy Technician
Dept/Health System: Pharmacy Services
Status: Full Time (x1)
Posting ID: 2022-29269
Role Level: (AH05.11)- $28.80 to $33.21
Hours Of Work/Shifts: Available to work all shifts
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Posted: September 21, 2022
Internal Deadline: until filled
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital, the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Center at Humber. Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
Are you ready to step up to the challenge of being a leader in your field of expertise? Then bring your top talents and passion to this evolving role in which you will be able to join an outstanding healthcare team, generating amazing results of creating a new kind of healthcare for a healthier community at Trillium Health Partners.
Reporting to the Team Leader of Pharmacy Services, you will be an integral member of the Pharmacy team and will be accountable to technical aspects of drug distribution.
Here’s what you will get to do……
- Receive some of the best hands-on training in the industry, learning and working alongside dedicated and compassionate professionals
- Work in a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await
- Deliver quality patient care and excellent customer service
- Enhance patient safety by ensuring the accuracy, quality, integrity and timeliness of pharmaceutical product preparation and release.
- Gather information from multiple sources to complete the Best Possible Medication History of the patient.
- Duties as a Pharmacy Technician, in an computerized automated Unit Dose setting along with , repackaging, intravenous admixing including chemotherapy
- In collaboration with other Pharmacy Technicians, you will deliver appropriate teaching to pharmacy students
Knowledge & Experience Required………
- Certificate/Diploma for Pharmacy Technician
- Registered, Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Preceptor training with OCP is an asset
- Membership with the Canadian Associate of Pharmacy Technicians (C.A.P.T), preferred
- Experience in a hospital pharmacy, preferred
- Sound working knowledge of computer applications i.e. Meditech and Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks and issues promptly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy and meeting conflicting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience in providing exceptional patient centred care
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
Your primary site initially will be Mississauga Hospital however, you may periodically be required to work at another THP site and therefore periodic travel between sites may be necessary.
Our Pharmacy team you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, and advance your career. If you are passionate and a leader in providing excellent patient and customer service to those you serve then discover a career in Pharmacy at Trillium Health Partners and apply today!
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.