Carecor is looking for dedicated and compassionate Personal Support Workers (PSW) to join our amazing team working in Mississauga area hospitals. We’re ready when you are!
Why Join Us
- Join for the job, stay for the experience – Carecor is a first-choice healthcare staffing provider, holding contracts with hospital sites throughout Ontario which provide a safe and fully supported work environment. Our diverse placements help develop your career with each new experience.
- Balance your life – We empower you to take charge of your career by providing flexible schedules to match your changing personal and professional needs. Your shift choices are endless!
- Competitive Benefits – Working in an industry that is focused on taking care of others, we are proud to help take care of you. Enjoy competitive pay and an employee group benefits program to suit your health, dental, and life insurance needs.
- Be Your Best Self – We care about your wellbeing. Our team is dedicated to building strong relationships with our people by actively listening to needs and providing tools, guidance, and support to be successful. Your time with us can accommodate career growth as you advance your education and professional credentials.
- Our “exemplary standing” with Accreditation Canada is held to the highest regard and is a testament to the fact that we uphold the same hiring standards and patient care delivery as the facilities in which we serve.
- Following the care plan, observing, and reporting any substantial findings and/or changes in patient/resident/client’s behaviour to the appropriate registered member of the healthcare team
- Working under the supervision of a Registered Healthcare Professional such as a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Assisting with ambulation, positioning, and transferring of patients
- Assisting or providing total personal care such as toileting, bathing, and perineal care
- Handle all other activities of daily living (ADL)
- Assisting nursing staff by answering call bells
- Must be able to perform both floor duty and observational care assignments in an acute care setting
- Reporting behavioural and clinical changes to a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate from an Ontario Community College Program;
- OR a private career college in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities with successful completion of the final examination administered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC);
- OR an approved Ontario Board of Education PSW Program
- Nursing students who are actively enrolled in an RN or RPN program and who have completed a minimum of one (1) medical or surgical clinical placement
- Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) who have medical or surgical experience within the past two (2) years and who are registered with OPSWA or CNO or the academic pathway program
- Recent PSW grad or has worked as a PSW within the past two (2) years
- Proof of current immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (MMRV), tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap), and hepatitis B
- Proof of negative two-step TB skin test within the past one (1) year or negative chest x-ray within the past five (5) years
- Current BCLS-HCP (HealthCare Provider)
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Willing to undergo Vulnerable Sector Police Check as a condition of hire
Get the shifts you want when you want!
Our experienced staffing coordinators, many of whom are pervious healthcare workers, understand your needs first-hand and will match you with the best shifts. For each assignment, you will be in one facility for a full 12hour shift.
Please note that based on recent government mandates and directives, healthcare workers are now required to provide proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination. If successful, new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
For over 35 years, proudly helping healthcare workers take control of their career.
Carecor Health Services Ltd. (Carecor) is a subsidiary of Bayshore HealthCare, a leading provider of home and community health care services.
Carecor is in accordance with provincial Accessibility regulations as well as Provincial Human Rights Code legislation.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.