Careers at the Region
Working at Peel goes way beyond good pay and benefits
- Flexible work opportunities
- A wide variety of wellness initiatives
- Purpose-driven jobs that impact Peel’s communities
We offer a range of high-demand jobs for all levels of experience. New opportunities are posted each week.
We offer employee benefits and opportunities that are in demand in the workplace. See what makes the Region of Peel a great place to work.
Learn how to apply and what to expect with the selection process.
Help creating a caring community and make Peel Region a great place to live. Develop skills, meet new people, and gain valuable experience.
We have summer employment for students attending college, university, technical or vocational trade schools.
See the many ways Peel employees improve and enhance others’ lives.
Building Monitor Peel Housing Corporation (PHC)
Posted Date5 days ago(8/12/2021 4:49 PM)System ID 2021-10869 # Positions 2 Position Type and Status Contract Full-time Job Industry Social Services Career Level Entry-level, Experienced Post End Date 8/20/2021 11:59 PM Min CAD $41,858.00/Yr. Max CAD $52,321.00/Yr.
Building Monitor Peel Housing Corporation (PHC)
Contract Full-time Duration: 24 months
Human Services/Peel Housing Corporation
Reporting to the Property Manager, this position plays a key role in monitoring the condition and use of the building for the purpose of maintaining a safe, functional, and healthy working environment.
- Identifies and provides information specific to building activities and findings
- Support operation of Access Control System according to direction provided by supervisor
- Provide access for contractors according to operational plan and maintenance activities
- Audits parking areas/vehicles
- Monitors CCTV for equipment failure
- Provides access to visitors and community groups for after-hours meetings
- Walk-through monitoring of mechanical rooms
- First point of contact for evening janitorial service and security personnel
- Patrols site on foot and checks for: unsafe conditions; hazards; unlocked doors; security issues; blocked ingress and egress; mechanical problems; unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear
- Orders and stocks custodial and meeting space supplies
- Perform minor maintenance tasks (e.g. scraping glue from a surface, replacing a light bulb or small air filter)
- Closely monitors the use of the building; disarms and arms security systems
- May be required to orient new staff
- At least 1 year of job related experience is required
- General knowledge of building procedures and normal operating conditions
- Basic communication and computer skills
- Must show good judgment and common sense, follow directions and directives from supervisors, and follow company policy and guidelines
- Must have a professional appearance and attitude, and be able to interact with the public
- Related experience; knowledge of proper safety standards and emergency procedures
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks required by the position
- Must be able communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
- Incumbents would typically exchange, provide or seek data or information from a limited number of external contacts that may be using the facility. May also provide service directly to these external contacts.
- Ability to follow established practices and procedures
- Ability to work independently without supervision outside of normal business hours
Location: Various Shelters within the Region of Peel.
Hours: 35 Hours per week- Monday to Friday + on call shifts evenings and weekends.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we’re focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.