$27.504 to $30.517
CUPE JOB POSTING
Position: Patient Care Technician
File #: 2022-27168
Status: Temporary Part-time (approx. 6 months)
Role Level: CUPE08 – $27.504 to $30.517
Department: Laboratory, Medicine and Genetics
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shifts: All shifts
Posted: May 24, 2022
Internal Deadline: May 31, 2022
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community – patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan – quality, access and sustainability – anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients – inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- Completion of a recognized Post-Secondary Education Program in Laboratory Medicine
- Commitment to complete education and obtain certification in OSMT or CSMLS within 3 months of hire
- Recent and related experience in E.C.G. and Phlebotomy in an acute care setting required
- Registration with a professional body in one of the above areas is an asset
- Current B.C.L.S. certificate is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstration of patient focused approach to care
- Ability to read write & speak English: second language is considered an asset
- Ability to meet the physical demands – constant walking, standing, pushing
- Positive attendance and work performance required
Summary of Duties:
- Perform E.C.G.’S, Venipuncture and Capillary Collections on Inpatients and Outpatients
- Perform a variety of related clerical duties
- Maintain, troubleshoot and make minor repairs to ECG machines
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.