$18.96 an hour – Part-time
$18.96 an hour
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Transit Information Clerk
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Part time
HOURS OF WORK: 12-30 hour workweek / shift work / variable hours
LOCATION: Brampton Transit Facility
HOURLY RATE: $18.96 per hour
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: July 07, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 13, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service, respond to customer inquiries regarding Brampton Transit.
Operate within an inbound contact centre environment and responds to customer inquiries regarding Brampton Transit.
- Receive, assess, refer and answer public inquiries about city transit services.
- Determine customer needs, research, interpret and explain information about Transit services and routes and provide alternate options as required.
- Accurately record/document relevant comments on all customer inquiries and requests, following departmental, customer service, and other corporate procedures and standards.
- Proactively manage customer inquiries that may have potential for formal escalation by alerting appropriate Customer Service and/or Transit departmental staff.
- Introduce, transfer and/or refer incoming inquiries that cannot be resolved at first point of contact to the appropriate Customer Service and/or Transit departmental staff.
- Participate in the training of new employees on contact centre operating procedures and systems.
- Perform other similar and related duties to this position, as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- 1 year of customer service experience interacting with the public in an inbound contact centre environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Possesses strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook, and experience in the utilization of computer search engines.
- Able to work shifts and variable hours.
Must be available to work a variety of morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts during the Contact Centre’s hours:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sundays: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Contact Centre hours are subject to change, depending upon the volume of calls. Total hours per week will range from 12 to 30 hours; however, hours should not regularly exceed 30 hours per week.
Superior telephone communication skills including good etiquette, voice quality, articulation, and listening.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
Strong keyboarding skills.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Ability to work independently and within a team, in a fast-paced environment.
In-depth knowledge of the streets and locations within the City of Brampton and connecting communities.
Strong map reading skills and understanding of scheduling timetables.
Ability to provide accurate directions.
Multilingualism and knowledge of municipal functions are assets.
Good performance and work record.
**Preference will be given to students that have a permanent residency in Brampton.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by July 13, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.