- 30 Jun 2022
- Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Mill Creek
- Support Office
Position Title: Covid Screener
Position Type: Part time
Reporting to: Director of Care
Hours: Weekdays & Weekends
Location: Mill Creek Care Centre, Barrie ON
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Mill Creek Care Centre we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values – a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At the Mill Creek Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families’ loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role of a Screener/ Student at Mill Creek Care Centre.
As a Screener/ Student, you will be part of our Nursing team, and you will report directly to the Director of Care. This position will be hired for Temporary Part-time hours during the pandemic.
The Screener/ Student will follow a rotating schedule including evenings and weekends. We are looking to hire a part-time individual. A schedule will be provided and flexibility is required.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Effectively communicate with all staff at all levels, residents, families, other departments and external stakeholders,
- Manage crowds to ensure individuals are keeping a 2-meter distance,
- Ask individuals entering the building a series of COVID-19 screening questions,
- Screen individuals with proper use of thermometers to check temperatures,
- Assess temperature and granting access to the facilities based off results,
- Document and track of headcount and allowing individuals to enter and leave facility,
- Provide information with respect to health and safety protocol and use of PPE (personal protective equipment),
- Stock delivery,
- Clerical duties,
- Other duties based on business needs.
At Mill Creek Care Centre we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Mill Creek Care Centre are as follows:
- High School graduate,
- Strong attention to detail and quick problem-solving skills,
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills as you will be required to speak to individuals and provide direction,
- Comfortable wearing PPE and checking temperatures from a safe distance,
- Good documentation skills,
- Good data entry and computer skills,
- Sense of responsibility, integrity and confidentiality,
- Must be professional, patient, courteous,
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds,
- Healthcare/medical, retail or security desk background an asset,
- Must be comfortable working in a COVID-19 positive environment,
- Must be willing to get swabbed for COVID-19,
- Must be willing to provide a clear vulnerable sector screen police record, negative TB test results, three work/professional references (phone numbers and emails),
- Must be able to attend Orientation on a date to be confirmed as soon as possible (from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. approximately).
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Mill Creek Care Centre recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.