$18.10 an hour – Full-time
Full Job Description
Tayco is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Packaging Team on our afternoon shift. Tayco is an office furniture manufacturer focused on delivering the ultimate customer experience. We are looking for someone who is aligned with our core values of Ownership, Progressive, Efficient and Enjoyable Experiences.
The Packer – Order Optimization is responsible for collecting, consolidating and packaging orders for final shipment while ensuring maximum skid optimization.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with Tayco’s motivated and engaging Team, enjoy Tayco’s fantastic Culture which has won us Great Place to Work and Best in Manufacturing, as well as be an important part of our exciting growth.
Tayco is seeking passionate candidates who possess the following experience and competencies:
- Is able to operate hand/powers tools (drills, pneumatic guns, wrapping machines etc.) and pump trucks.
- Possess strong communication skills in order to document work, problem solve in teams, learn new work processes and participate in continuous learning and regular team meetings.
- Possesses spacial awareness and possess ability to preplan for volume and utilize efficient packing techniques for complex orders.
- Is able to achieve results and drive efficiencies in their day to day work.
- Works well with others and builds effective working relationships within the department and Tayco.
- Is able to lift materials up to 50 pounds and to carry, move, manipulate and/or position them and to move, bend, twist or occasional awkward body positions while performing work.
- Has good hand and eye co-ordination and muscular control sufficient to operate tools or equipment and see closely and/or listen intently in order to achieve very detailed results and/or detect flaws or errors.
- Is able to understand and follow established personal safety, security, and environmental practices. Is knowledgeable of and compliant with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Occupation Health and Safety Act (OSHA). Must be trained in Health & Safety.
- Hours: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM
- Pay Rate: $18.10 /hour plus $1.00 per hour shift premium
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Active Social Committee with wonderful company culture
- Great people to work with!
Tayco endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Tayco is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.10 per hour