Graham Packaging Company
$23.25 an hour – Full-time
Full Job Description
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life. They’re the kind of people you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that’s inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow. Overview:
Graham Packaging Company has openings for Packaging Specialists based at our Mississauga, ON Plant located at 3174 Mavis Road.
The starting pay for this job is $23.25 per hour.
Packaging Specialists are responsible for general housekeeping of the production area, case making, inspecting, and packing of finished product in accordance with established procedures, specifications and other guidelines. The primary duties of a Packaging Specialist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect finished product for defects before packing to ensure quality.
- Follow written packing instructions.
- Notify supervisor or lead of potential problems with finished product and/or machinery.
- Grind bottles as necessary, checking for contamination before grinding
- Open and inspect bundles of corrugated material and check for proper printing and defects.
- Stack case/dividers on carts and feed individual cases and dividers into case forming machine.
- Use case making equipment in a safe manner.
- Notify the appropriate coworker or assignee when supplies at the machine need to be replenished.
- Communicate with incoming shift or line replacement on any problems with quality, machine, and packing configurations.
- Assist with rework and heldware to ensure effective completion.
- Assist in the training of regular and temporary workforce in stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and safe.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Limited travel may be required
Previous manufacturing experience a plus.
Packaging Specialists are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
EEO Disclaimer: Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.