Mississauga, Canada Position Type Part Time Shift Type Overnight Req ID: 2022-758989 Work Days Available Friday ,Monday, Saturday ,Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 300,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal®, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, employee assistance programs, and more! We also offer company paid uniforms and part-time and flexible schedules!
Allied Universal is seeking Overnight Security Guards – Government Site in Canada.
Please read the mandatory requirements below. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Part time – Overnights – 12am to 8am
- Flexible/ various schedules – 8 hr shifts
- Government Site – Immigration Holding Centre
- Hwy 27 & Rexdale Blvd
- Valid Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must have 5 years residency in Canada (min. PR held since April 2017) due to Federal clearances
- Must have a min. OSSD and/or Post Secondary Diploma. If education was completed outside of Canada, an assessment from WES or ICAS will be required.
- Ability to successfully pass MAB/Use of Force training
- Pay range: $18.00 per hour (probationary rate); $19.00 per base rate & up to $20.00 per hour after 6 months
Great opportunity for Police Foundations, Justice Studies and/or Criminal Justice students or recent grads!!
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Licensing requirements are subject to province and/or local laws and regulations and will be required prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background check
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 kilograms
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time