Gordon Food Service
$22.88–$26.48 an hour – Full-time
Schedule an interview
$22.88–$26.48 an hour
Ontario Distribution Centre: Gordon Food Service, 2999 James Snow Pkwy N, Milton, ON L9T 5G4 CA
Date and time
Eastern Daylight Saving Time
Jun 14, 2022 | 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Each candidate will have their own time slot.
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Order Picker Position Highlights:
- Pay: $22.88/hour to $26.48/hour + Productivity Incentives up to $10/hr
- Shift: Sunday – Thursday 10pm – 6am/Finish
- Location: Milton, ON
- Ongoing performance incentives
- FULL flex benefits program and company matching RRSP
- Paid training and orientation period
- Family culture, career development opportunities
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
- Must be physically fit and able to perform general labour – safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (from 10 to 80 lbs)
- A focus on health and safety
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
- Lift and load food service products (from 10-80lbs) onto pallets, and prepare pallets for shipping to a customer location
- Accurately scanning and selecting products using a computerized inventory system
- Safe operation of power equipment including electric pallet jacks
- Working in a variety of temperature zones including a freezer (-20 degrees Celsius), cooler and dry goods areas. All warehouse employees must be prepared to work in all warehouse temperature zones
- Exposure to and handling of all types of food products including seafood, meats, dairy, produce, spices, beverages and equipment
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs
- All other duties as required
How to attend
Free parking available.
The hiring event day will be composed of: onsite interview, physical abilities testing, and a Warehouse Tour.
Candidates are encouraged to wear steel-toe safety shoes.
What to prepare
- Steel-toe safety shoes (if possible)
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Gordon Food Service
Whether you are looking for a way to start your career in warehousing, or you are looking for a rewarding job with benefits that enable you to provide for your family, consider working for Gordon Food Service!
We’re a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. And because of this collaboration, we’ve created an atmosphere that’s fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
Perks and benefits
- Snacks and refreshments
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!