** This is a seasonal position concluding on December 31st 2022 **
First off let’s get one thing out of the way, we aren’t hiring an Order Fulfillment Specialist. We only called it that to get your attention. What we’re hiring for is much more ambitious; we’re hiring an Order Experience Specialist.
You might be wondering what exactly an Order Experience Specialist is? A fair question — it’s a unique title, after all. It needs to be, because this is a unique position. Here’s how it works: every day, thousands of customers place an order with us. Those orders need to be assembled, packaged, and shipped. So far, so good, right?
Here’s where it gets tricky. See, our customers aren’t a faceless mass of bank accounts. They’re a highly dedicated, cult-like army of super fans. What made them so devoted? Simple: it’s because dbrand’s Order Experience Specialists are doing their job correctly.
Picking and filling an order? That’s like breathing. It’s involuntary, basically second nature. Your brain power is instead concentrated on a single objective: making sure the customer’s order is unlike anything they’ve ever received. A box full of packing peanuts? An envelope full of glitter? Handwritten insults on post-it notes? Those are all great — but we’ve already done them. Your job is to generate never-before-seen customer experiences… while also picking and filling orders.
Does the above paragraph describe you? Of course not. You don’t work here… yet. We can change that. Who you are is irrelevant. What we care about is who you’ll be, when given the tools, knowledge, and agency that will enable you to succeed. We need motivated, adaptable, and creative individuals who are committed to excellence, so that we can mold them into the Order Experience Specialists of tomorrow. If that’s not you, save us all some time and close this window. If you’re still with us… maybe the previous paragraph describes you after all.
At dbrand, expect a clean, modern, well-lit warehouse with desks, chairs, and rows of inventory bins. The warehouse floor? You could eat off it. Should you? Who can say? We’re not scientists. Instead, we’re a team who works hard and plays hard. There’s nothing we’re more committed to than ongoing growth… other than unparalleled product quality and customer experience.
What’s in it for you? Well, unlike most companies, we actually care about the work we’re doing. Our customers deserve no less than the absolute best. At dbrand, you have the opportunity to create once-in-a-lifetime purchase experiences for them. If you’re someone who’s creative, committed, and excited about our mission, you’ll do more than thrive here.
Before you can get the opportunity to join our passionate, dynamic team and create unparalleled customer experiences through our order fulfillment process, you’ll need to prove yourself. Let’s see if you’ve got what it takes…
- Agile: You’re nimble. You’re adaptable. You thrive in an environment where priorities can change in an instant.
- Analytical: Your decisions are driven by only one thing: data. You continue to master all the tools necessary to surface insights.
- Collaborative: You enjoy purposeful meetings. You value the contributions and perspectives of your colleagues as much as you do your CEO.
- Curious: You’re eager to learn new concepts and master new skills. There’s no tool that’s useless in your arsenal.
- Demanding: You expect the performance of your team to be nothing short of flawless.
- Disciplined: You never allow the details to slip, understanding that every bit of minutiae forms the bigger picture.
- Enthusiastic: You exhibit a contagious passion for creating unique customer experiences through your problem solving skills, high quality work, impeccable accuracy, and undeniable camaraderie.
- Innovative: You develop new approaches to complex problems.
- Perfectionist: You persist until the smallest detail has been optimized. Knows nothing less than 100%.
- Persistent: You’ve never failed. You’ve only experienced speed bumps on your path to success.
- Reliable: You live up to both verbal and written agreements. You can be trusted to work effectively, without oversight.
The Responsibilities & Qualifications
In order to make a positive impact as part of our team, your focus in this role will be to:
- Be the final set of eyes ensuring that our customers get packages that are up to our extremely high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of each SKU’s location within our enormous grid of inventory bins.
- Pick and pack units from daily order lists into envelopes.
- Adjust orders based on changes defined by Customer Experience Representatives (CXR).
- Collaborate with the Inventory Manager to identify SKUs approaching ‘out of stock’ status.
If you find a box you can’t check, stop reading and look for a company who demands less from their employees:
- Prior experience in order fulfillment is an asset.
- Dexterity, resulting in speed while maintaining accuracy.
- Detail oriented, self sufficient, resourceful, organized and proactive.
- Insights and engagement with the current state of smartphone and mobile tech.
- The ability to solve complex problems (or know where to find the answer).
- The instinct to help teammates thrive and the openness to learn from- their experience.
- Commitment to long-term growth and learning opportunities.
- A fiercely competitive spirit – one who knows nothing less than achieving perfection.
The Moment of Truth
This position is a three month full-time seasonal contract that will run until December 31st 2022. The role pays $19.25 per hour.
Still think you have what it takes to ensure that we’re getting orders out efficiently, accurately, and to the flawless standard our customers have come to expect?
To be perfectly honest, we doubt it.
That said, our company was built on the idea that every assumption can be proven wrong. Your move.
Since 11-11-11, dbrand has been the global leader in protection and customization for consumer electronics. How did we do it? The best summary we can give is our brand promise: “It’s not a product. It’s a culture.™” For us, making best-in-class products is just the beginning. What elevates dbrand over the competition is our focus on the finer details: personalized brand interactions, unrivaled customer support, and a social media presence that’s often imitated but never matched.
Our core values, the ones that have accelerated dbrand from a basement operation to the pervasive eCommerce brand it is today, are focused around an aggressively competitive mindset. By joining our team, you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who endlessly pursue perfection and thrive on performance optimization.
dbrand welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for all candidates, at every stage of the recruitment process – no exceptions. All of our employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs. As an equal opportunity employer, dbrand embraces diversity and has no tolerance for discrimination. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment based on mutual respect. Everyone is valuable and we are proud of our differences – they serve only to elevate us. The option is yours: work together, or work alone… for a different company.