Menzies Aviation – Canada Mississauga, ONFull-time, Permanent
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Dental careExtended health care
Full Job Description
- Greet customers as they enter the facility Assists customers at the front counter including pick-up and delivery requests.
- Work with daily transactions to ensure payment is received correctly Examine manifests, bills of lading and air waybills to determine work procedures for accepting or releasing cargo.
- Expedites shipment of cargo from Warehouse and assists customers in tracking their shipments.
- Notifies consignee or representative concerning arrival dates of shipment, customs clearance requirements and weight of shipment.
- Enter transactions for billing to consignee and airline customer prior to release of freight.
- Authorizes final approval for cargo release. Undertake acceptance procedures for export cargo shipments. Work with CBSA, Transport Canada and other governmental agencies to clear shipments.
- Recognizes dangerous goods upon receiving.
- Respond to customers or other parties in regards to shipments accordingly.
- Complete mandatory security and other training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently
Capable of repeating repetitive tasks
Must be flexible and available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
Must be able to obtain and hold all required security clearances and passing a Transport Canada background check.
Valid driver’s license with no violations over the past 5 years
Familiarity with or ability to learn how to work within an IT cargo system environment.
Proficient in MS Office
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cargo office: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)